11. The Past Loves To Haunt You

Haisley's POV
I survived the morning of the first day of being an intern and I am so proud of myself. Things have gone pretty smoothly but there have been a lot of times where people mention dad and I try to just shove it off. Right now it's lunch and I am sitting with my intern group and I can see dad and everyone else at their table by the window.

"Yeah, didn't her mom go crazy or something?" I hear someone say, they better not be talking about my mom. "Yeah, her dad had to take her to the psych ward here. She peed on the couch once too without moving at all, just stayed there. Also apparently after she was cleared giving birth to her she ran off and Dr. Karev was left alone and Haisley doesn't talk to her mom at all."

"I don't blame her, she sounds nuts." I can't take this anymore. I don't want to hear about my past. I quickly walk up without my food and walk to the lounge room.

Alex's POV
We see Haisley quickly leave her table and she goes fast I can barely see her face properly, what I saw was a slight tear dripping down and I stand up and look at the people at her table.

"Alex don't, you'll make it worse for her." Meredith stops me and I take a deep breath and follow my daughter to see what happened. I finally find her in the lounge and before I open the door I can hear my baby girl's cries and it hurts, she's shaking with her cries too. I think Haisley is having a panic attack. It's common in her diagnosis, she used to get them bad when she was little. They started coming back up when she was in junior high and she has coped with them well but when past comes up so do the attacks.

I rush to her and sit beside her. She turns to me and holds onto me tightly and I do the same while rubbing her back.

"Just take deep breaths, you're safe here." I assure her and Haisley starts to relax more but her hands are still shaking so I grab them as I rub them and it helps. Than Bailey quickly comes in the room without looking.

"Hey there you are, uh, is everything ok?" Bailey asks me mainly and I shake my head no. "Just give her a moment." I tell Bailey and she smiles understandingly as she leaves quietly. Haisley slowly gets off my shoulder and wipes her tears. She takes deep breaths and takes some water to help calm her heart down. Her hand shakes as she takes a drink.

"Oooh, ok" She breathes out and I keep my hand on her back to rub it. "What happened?" I ask her "They know about Rebecca, like they know about her psycho part. I don't know how but they know the truth. I was hoping to keep that a secret." Haisley informs me and now it all makes sense. Haisley gets angry and upset when she gets mentioned and it lowers her energy.

"Do you want to maybe just work in the office on paper with me or Mer? Have some quiet and peace?" I suggest to her

"No, thank you but I can't do that on my first day. I just needed a breather from that and I got it. I'll just suck it up and kick their asses by being more knowledgeable than them as a doctor." Haisley confidently says as she stands up and wipes her face. I am just so proud of her.

"Ok, if you need a break come to me, Mer or Jo. I'm proud of you" I tell her while putting my hands on both her shoulders and I kiss her forehead. "I will and thank you. I better get back, thank you for checking up on me dad." Haisley tells me "I always will" I remind her and she grabs her stuff and quickly leaves. Meredith comes in quickly after and closes the door.

"Is she ok?" Meredith asks me "They know about Rebecca and they were talking about her around Haisley. She had a panic attack but I think she'll be ok. If you see her around though can you just check up on her, not too much though just if she seems off?" I ask Mer "Of course I can Alex. I knew something like this would happen to her today. She's tough though" Meredith admits to me

"She is, very strong and brave." I say mainly to myself and we go back out there. My daughter will be ok, she'll be ok.