The one with Cai Cai

Alessia nearly dropped her phone when she seen the request come through from Cairo asking to video call her. She composed herself for all of a second before grinning big again when Cairo's face came on her screen.

"Hi Cai Cai!" She greeted

Cairo pulled a face at the name. "Cai Cai?"

"Yeah, you."

Cairo let out a laugh as she took the smiling face of the blonde in. The past two weeks have been like a constant high for her. She was doing the job she loved whilst talking to a girl who was out of this world. Whenever Alessia would send Cairo pictures, she quite honestly went speechless. A smile would come on her face automatically and she'd feel like the zoo inside her stomach was trying to burst out.

"Not sure on that one, Less."

Alessia stuck her tongue out at the girl. "Tough." She ran her eyes over the screen, admiring how Cairo can sit there in a hoodie with it pulled over the back of her head halfway with a pair of glasses on and still make her heart skip a beat. She wants that hoodie. She wants to wear that hoodie. "I want that hoodie."

Cairo laughed and lifted the phone up, so Alessia could see the full thing. It was just a plain grey Nike hoodie that had ink splotches on it from when she was drawing designs up. "This? It's stained to fuck."

"Yeah but I like it. Can I have it?"

"You'll have to get it from me, first."

Alessia turned her head.

"Always flirting with me, aren't you." She said with a hand on her forehead, looking flattered.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah you do. But it's okay, it's okay, I like it."

Cairo smirked. "You like it? Why's that, pretty girl?"

Alessia was too drunk to notice the blush on her own cheeks. "Cause I like you, duh."

"You like me? Hmmm, how much have you had to drink, Less?"

Alessia hesitated, her smile dropping slightly. "Did I-do you not? Oh my god, how embarrassing. I'm sorry, I-I should go."

"What? No? Alessia." Cairo tried to backstep

"I didn't mean-"

"Alessia, stop." Cairo said loudly, causing Alessia to stop her movements immediately and look into the camera. "Take a breath, pretty girl. I like you too, but I think tomorrow when, or if, you remember this conversation you'd be embarrassed that you just through it out there, okay? That was it. Don't panic. Just breathe."

Alessia took a second, catching her breath and allowing her heart to crawl out of her ass and back in its rightful place. "So...you do...like me?"

Cairo smiled as the girl seemed calmer. She held up one hand and moved her fingers so they were close together. "Tiny bit."

Alessia laughed and did the same. "Tiny bit?"

"Teeny tiny bit." Cairo paused and laughed at Alessia copying her movements. "How was your night?"

Alessia moved her hand and threw her head back against her couch. "It was good! I drank, LOTS. I danced, LOTS."

"Are you a good dancer?"

"The best."

Cairo studied the girl for a second. "You're terrible aren't you?"

Alessia let out a loud laugh as she leant forward, finding herself hilarious thanks to the alcohol still going through her system. "Shockingly bad!"

"You're silly."

Alessia nodded along as she lay down on the couch, getting comfortable.

"I want you to come see me." The blonde said after a moment of silence between them.

"When?"

"I just think if you came here we c- oh. Wait. You said when."

Cairo smiled so much her cheeks started to hurt. "Yeah, when." She spoke quietly.

Alessia's eyes twinkled with excitement. "Uhm, well I have to go and see my family next weekend, what about coming up on like, Thursday or something? I have team bonding on Friday morning but it's only breakfast. We could do something in the afternoon too?"

"Sounds good. I'll come after work on Friday, is that okay? I'll finish around lunchtime to get there a bit earlier. I'll get dad to cover my bookings on Friday."

"Sounds good." Alessia said. "You're coming to see me." She added, the excitement now fading as tiredness began to hit her, that brick wall well and truly in front of her.

"I'm coming to see you." Cairo paused as she watched the blondes eyes be covered by her eyelids, struggling to keep them open. "You need to sleep, Less. You're gonna feel like arsehole tomorrow."

"Mmm." Alessia mumbled, already half asleep.

"Night night, pretty girl." Cairo whispered.

Alessia couldn't find the words, but instead brought her phone up to her mouth, kissing the camera and letting out a hum of content.