chapter 7:end of the dance

"One more little spin, Spider-Man," Hobie said, his voice low and seductive. "For old times' sake."

Miles hesitated for a moment, conflicted. He knew that Hobie was dangerous, that he was a thief and a criminal, but there was something about him, something that Miles couldn't resist, even as he struggled to fight the pull of the thief's lure.

"What are you going to do, Hobie?" Miles asked, his voice wavering slightly as he struggled to resist the thief's pull.

Hobie grinned, his eyes glinting with amusement and danger. "Just a little harmless fun, Spider-Man," he said, his voice low and seductive. "Just one more spin in the night."

With that, Hobie grabbed Miles' hand and spun him into the air, swinging him around faster and faster, the music swelling around them. And for a moment, Miles forgot everything – he forgot his own fears, his own reservations, he forgot the past and the present and the future. For that moment, there was just the sound of the music, the rush of the air, and the feeling of Hobie's hand in his own.

But then, in that moment, the clock struck midnight, and the magic broke. The night air turned colder, and the music faded away, leaving only the sound of the city and the feeling of Hobie's hand in his own.

Miles landed with a thud, feeling the weight of the city pressing down on him as he struggled to catch his breath. Hobie stood there, grinning at him, the look of amusement in his eyes turning to a strange mix of danger and regret.

"It's been fun, Spider-Man," Hobie said, his voice low and seductive. "But it's time for both of us to go our separate ways."

And with that, Hobie turned and disappeared into the night, leaving Miles standing there alone, the weight of the city pressing down on him. There was a sense of emptiness in the air, as if something had been lost, as if something had been gained. And as Miles stood there, lost in thought, he wondered which it was.