Epilogue 2 (Part 1)

LUNA'S POV

AFTER TEN YEARS

The UN Headquarters in New York sparkled with glittering lights, creating an atmosphere of hushed anticipation. A large banner proudly declared, "UN HUMAN RIGHTS AWARD CEREMONY." Nervously, I sat among the audience, the charged excitement palpable as the United Nations representative stepped onto the stage.

UN REPRESENTATIVE:"Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests, thank you for joining us tonight for this momentous occasion. We gather to recognize an extraordinary individual whose unwavering commitment to human rights has made a profound impact on the world."

The spotlight turned to me, my heart pounding in my chest. Clasping my hands together, a mix of excitement and nervousness etched across my face.

UN REPRESENTATIVE:"Tonight, it is our honor to present the UN Human Rights Award to someone who has dedicated her life to championing the rights of the oppressed, the voiceless, and the marginalized. Luna Percy, your tireless efforts have not gone unnoticed."

The audience erupted in applause as tears of joy and disbelief welled up in my eyes. I covered my mouth with my hand, unable to contain my emotions.

UN REPRESENTATIVE:"Luna, your remarkable achievements include pioneering efforts to provide countless shelters for the homeless, safeguarding women from assault and harassment, and tirelessly working to protect children from the shadows of abuse. Your courage has inspired countless others to join the cause. Tonight, we come together to honor and celebrate your extraordinary dedication to building a more compassionate and just society."

As the applause continued, I stood up, my legs trembling. I took a deep breath, wiped away a tear, and made my way to the stage. The spotlight followed me every step, casting a glow on my face as I ascended the stairs.

UN REPRESENTATIVE:"Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming Luna Percy to the stage."

The applause swelled, echoing through the grand room. I approached the podium, my heart pounding with a mixture of gratitude and humility. The UN representative handed me the prestigious award, a symbol of recognition for my exceptional contributions.

"Thank you, thank you so much. This is beyond anything I could have ever imagined," my voice quivered. The audience quieted down, hanging on my every word.

"I stand here today not as an individual but as a representative of all those who have fought for justice and equality alongside me. This award is for the countless women and children whose voices have been silenced and the struggles that often go unnoticed."I paused, scanning the room, my eyes locking with those of individuals who shared my passion.

"We are all connected by the common thread of humanity, and it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every person, regardless of their background, enjoys the full spectrum of human rights."

The audience burst into applause once more, and I took a moment to soak it all in. I continued my speech, a beacon of hope and inspiration for those in the room and beyond, reminding everyone of the power of collective action and the enduring strength of the human spirit.