Split

"Ok everyone! Listen up. Stay in this room and we will be right back, we are just going to put the little one to B.E.D." Everyone nods and mommy picks me up walking out of the room.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Mommy? Where we going?" I look up at her when we get out into the hallway. "We are just going down there." She points down the hall to a brown door. "What's in there?" "It's a bedroom, and me and you are going to go take a nap." Mama says while booping my nose. "Why..." i whine. "Because I'm really tired and you have to be carful with your injuries." I look down and frown.

Mama takes me out of mommy's arms and whisper something in her ear. Mommy only nods her head before she kisses my nose. I scrunch it. "I love you baby." Mommy says. She looks sad. "Why you sad mommy?" I laugh. She smiles a tiny smile and whispers "I'm not sad baby, ill just miss you."

"Yeah, she should be awake soon. No. No I don't think so. Yeah, we have everything ready. We're almost at the safe house. Yes, i know." I grumble as i wake up slowly. "I think she's waking up, yeah I'll call you later, love you to. Bye." I whine and try to turn over. "Hey baby. Are you awake?" Someone calls out. "No!" I whine and wiggle around in what i believe is a car seat.

I hear the voice chuckle and slowly open my eyes. I'm in a car. But when i look around its hard to see because its to dark and I can't see anyone els with me. "Mama?" I whisper out. "Yes baby?" She answers. "I can't see you." I look around again. It's still completely dark and no movements more than than something outside the window. The lights in the car comes on and i see mama in the front seat driving the car. "Where is mommy?" I ask. "Mm, its just going to be you and me for a little while... umm mommy has some work to do." She says looking back at me through the rearview mirror.

"Why she not coming wif us?" I whimper. Did she not love us anymore? "She just had some work to do..." she smiles sadly at me. "But she will come get us when she is done and its safe for us to come back home." I feel a pit form in my stomach. Mommy is not going to be with us for some time. She has left us all alone. "It's ok mama, I promise to protect you." I say confidently. I hear mama chuckle and i see her smile while shaking her head. "Thank you baby. What about if we protect each other?" She smiles. I nod my head and smile back. I guess we could do that.