"Threads Of Destiny : Waking Up As A Side Character In My Favorite Novel"

Veronica woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She was still half asleep when she grabbed it, trying to focus on the caller ID. It read -Aunt Anna. She was her aunt,well not actually her real one,but more like her late mum's best friend.

After her mum's death ,her dad married another woman out of lust, Veronica was disheartened,she was still in high-school when she cut ties with her biological family

she was still in high-school when she cut ties with her biological family. When she moved out, she had no one she could rely on,except for one,her Aunt,Aunt Anna . Aunt Anna accepted her with open arms and she was her only support system and basically, she was the only person Veronica could call a family.
Veronica often used to call her aunt when she went to college but after becoming busy with her acting career ,Veronica rarely had time for the calls.

So,she was curious about the reason for the sudden call, Veronica picked it up and answered with a hesitant 'hello'.

'Happy birthday, Veronica!' her aunt exclaimed, her voice filled with warmth and excitement.

Veronica's heart skipped a beat as she realized she had completely forgotten about her own birthday. Amidst the chaos of her busy schedule, it had slipped her mind completely.

Aunt Anna :'You have to come home for your birthday celebration, Vero!
Your uncle and I have been planning it for weeks now!, her aunt continued.

Veronica hesitated, knowing that her busy schedule wouldn't allow her to take a break and travel back home. But her aunt's voice rang with excitement and happiness, making her feel guilty for even considering saying no.

Veronica: So,umm ,I don't know if I would be able to make it on time ,it's been so hectic recently,I'm sorry I don't know if I could make it.

Aunt Anna : Hey darling! I know how important your career is to you, but family is also important. We miss you,Dear. Come home and spend your birthday with us,' her aunt pleaded.

Veronica couldn't resist the emotional tug of her aunt's words.

Veronica: Ok, I need to take a look at my schedule, let me see if it's possible. But even if I couldn't make it, Ipromise to catch up as soon as possible

Aunt Anna : Hey!! No if and buts ,today means today.

Veronica (in a tone of urgency) : -but,aunt..

Aunt- Hey, I have to cut the call now,your uncle is calling me outside.
Again best wishes for the day,Vero!!
Make sure to come before 5:00 p.m Ok? bye love,take care!!

And with that she hung up the phone.

******

Veronica let out a long sigh, she was already feeling exhausted and drained from yesterday's event and now this. But she had a good feeling about this one. It was basically just her family,her aunt and uncle..no cameras,no media and no one to hate on her.

She didn't want to make her aunt feel bad too but she also knew that she had responsibilities,her job that she just can't neglect .

*****
She sighed, checking her schedule for the week and to her surprise,today was mostly free apart from that one meeting with the advertisement company for her upcoming project.