6- Suspicious

Song~ Smooth Criminal - Michel Jackson

She has been gone for almost ten minutes now and I'm starting to worry

She has been gone for almost ten minutes now and I'm starting to worry. Do I go look for her or stay here and not seem like I'm worried when I am.

Fuck it.

As I'm about to stand up I see Diovanna walking this way- on hand in her pocket, the other holding a smoothie.

As soon as she sits down Ares starts speaking. "What the fuck took you so long?" He all but grits out. She gives him an annoyed look and turns to me.

'Sorry, I saw a smoothie and really wanted one' she signed before going back to drinking her smoothie.

I nodded.

She could have told me, i would have gotten it for her.

Whatever it's fine, she's safe and here.

Is she happy to be back here with us? With me?

Did she miss us?

A punch to my shoulder snaps me out of my thoughts. Wincing and grabbing my arm I turn to look at the owner of the fist.

And it's... Diovanna?

She is hella strong.

I look at her with a what the fuck was that? Look. And she just shrugs then signs 'stop thinking so much you will waste the last of your brain'.

Ouch.

I do have brains actually. I'm a hacker and know a lot more than she thinks. I work for the Italian mafia. Yeah I'm not saying that.

Not telling her that piece of information, I let a low chuckle escape my lips. Shaking my head at her.

We talked for some more time- well I translated for Diovanna. When we all finished eating, we grabbed our stuff and began heading home. Matteo asked us all to play his new game from the mall he got today. So we're all heading to the game room, apart from Giavanna, Sebastian, and Domenico.

Elijah was here when we got home and immediately greeted us asking if we ate and if we had fun. He's a huge health freak, always making sure we eat and are healthy.

Giavanna was still with her friends. We texted her saying we were playing Matteo's new game and asked if she wanted to play but she declined as her and Bethany were at the movies. She did say she would play next time though.

Giavanna was never particularly fond of doing things we liked- playing video games, sports, the gym- she just had different interests. It doesn't matter, we love her just as much.

And of course, Sebastian and Domenico had mafia shit to deal with tonight, like always.

Now Me, Ares, Matteo, Elijah, and Diovanna are in the game room playing Matteo's new game.