35- Escape

Song~ Soap - Melanie Martinez

"One tequila shot please." I wave to the bartender who nods and goes make my drink.

I have been here for maybe an hour or two. But when I check my watch it's already five PM so I must have at least been here for three to four hours.

The bartender comes back with my drink and I down it in one go. The bartender goes to leave but is hesitant.

He sighs. "Boss won't be happy to know you're at a bar alone and getting drunk." He tells me, a conflicted look on his face.

I furrow my eyebrows at his sentence. His boss? I don't even know whose bar this is let alone who the owner is.

With a sigh I reply to the bartender, "Look dude, I don't really care who your boss is. If he has a problem with me drinking, in a bar, he can go suck a dick." I empathize in a bar.

That was rude, I shouldn't have said that.

I rub my temples, "sorry that was rude, I'm a little tipsy. Just tell your boss to fuck off." I restate more politely.

The bartender raises his hands in surrender and starts walking away muttering something along the lines of 'this is why I don't negotiate with drunk woman, their scary' but I pay him no mind and move to the dance floor.

I'm not drunk, just a little tipsy. I think.

I'm in my office completing some of the many paperwork I have to do for the mafia

I'm in my office completing some of the many paperwork I have to do for the mafia. I sign one paper and move on to reading the next when my phone rings.

I pick up the phone without looking at the caller. "Nikolaos Doukas." I speak into the phone, my tone harsh and firm.

"Uh- yes boss. It's Leo, you said Diovanna De'russo was under your protection and that if she entered any of your buildings to notify you." He asks.

Ah, yes Leo. He is a bartender at one of my bars here in Italy. I had told all of my employees in my clubs or bars here in Italy that if they saw her there alone to let me know.