PROLOGUE

MIA

I couldn't stop the tears that escaped from my eyes down to my cheeks. I was so sad and traumatized. My heart was shattered into different pieces. The thought of my future and the life that awaits me made me shiver. The makeup artist hissed from frustration. This was the fifth time she was reapplying makeup on my face, my tears kept ruining her hard work. I know she was just being patient with me because of the person who hired her for the job.

It was Frank Williams, the feared CEO of Williams group of companies and my groom, in other words, my soon to be husband.

I sniffed sadly, promising myself not to cry again to enable her do her work, her apprentices kept shaking their heads from pity, they could obviously feel my pain. I was getting married to my worst enemy. My best friend, Redna walked into the room with my wedding dress and placed it on the bed before turning to me. She gave a sad reassuring smile. I tried hard to return the smile but I was too sad to do so.

After another hour of reapplying my makeup, the makeup artist finally breathed a breath of relief. From the look on her face, she was extremely stressed and tired. I sighed before looking at myself in the mirror. I loved my look, it was a simple bridal makeup suitable for a fair complexion.

"Thank you, I love the look" I thanked the makeup artist who had found a chair and sat on it.

She nodded tirelessly while an apprentice gave her a cup of water.

A knock was heard at the door, it was just I, my best friend, the makeup artist and her apprentices that was occupied in the room. I sniffed before asking the person in. I was trying my best not to cry.

A young lady walked in and bowed before saying "your ride to the church is here, my Lady"

I nodded then turned to Redna who held my wedding dress.

"Let's get you dressed" she said and I nodded.

I was trying my best to brighten my mood but it was just so impossible. This was not how I imagined my life to be. This was not how I wanted my wedding to be. This was the complete opposite of my fairytale life.

Getting married to Frank Williams was totally not my plan, it was never in my to-do list but as my parents and life will have it, I was forced to get married to Frank to ensure the collaboration of both businesses and the relationship between both families.

I was used as a bait.

I was really sad when Dad and Mum broke the news to me. Infact, that was the beginning of my nightmares.

With the help of Redna and some maids, I got into my wedding dress and was fully dressed to meet the monster of a groom. Redna was my maid of honor.

The chauffeur drove us to the church in a white Bugatti Chiron.

"You know this is not the end of the world right?" Redna asked on our way to church

"I know" I replied plainly.

"You need to be strong, Frank may be the worst of persons but I just have this assurance that he won't be so mean to you" Redna said.

I closed my eyes tightly before saying "I hope you are right"

Redna sighed "I know this is not what you planned for yourself....." She was saying.

".... Redna am fine. Stop worrying about me" I said.

"I should be worried about you Mia, am your best friend" Redna said.

I opened my eyes then turned to my side and smiled. She enveloped me in a hug.

"Everything is going to be fine okay. Just let me know if that bastard hits you or does anything stupid" she said seriously after we disengaged, looking at the seriousness on her face, I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

We got to the church, I was walked down the aisle by Dad who held my hands to meet Frank. I fidgeted from fear and anxiety when our gazes locked, Frank looked at me disdainfully, I could feel his anger from his gaze, he looked at me like a piece of rag, a complete opposite of how I wanted my future husband to stare at me, I felt like I should have been swallowed by the earth, his gaze never left me until I stood in front of him.

He gave me a wicked devilish smile as he reached out for my hand and took it in his. His looks could kill, I was so scared, I could feel my heart pounding and accelerating fast.

We said our vows and exchanged rings, everyone clapped from excitement, I looked in the eyes of the man that I was now married to, hell awaits me.

He smiled at me wickedly when we were instructed to kiss. I didn't move, he leaned in and placed his lips on mine, before I could get the idea of a kiss felt like, his lips left mine.

My very first kiss.

The kiss felt so strange, no feelings attached, it was so quick, I didn't even get to experience what it felt like.

We took wedding photos before leaving the church. I got into the Bugatti Chiron that brought us to church with the help of Redna.

Frank and the others will be headed to the reception while I change into my reception outfit.

The chauffeur drove us back to the hotel, I changed into a black gown and high heels, Redna suggested I let my hair down which I did and it fell on my shoulders in curls. Soon we were ready, the chauffeur drove us back to the reception ground.