~01~

MIA

I stretched out on the bed yawning loudly as I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness of the room, I was so exhausted from the celebration of yesterday. We got home so late last night. I didn't know when I slept off.

A maid had showed me to my bedroom when Frank left me by myself in the sitting room with my luggage after we got back from the reception. He hadn't said a word to me. I didn't bother talking to him either. With the help of the maid, I settled in, took my bath and got dressed for bed. I slept off lazily. I was so exhausted from all the celebrations.

                       ***********

I stretched out the next morning in my bedroom. I took my toothbrush from my already arranged stuffs by the bathroom sink and brushed my teeth. I took a long shower before wrapping a towel around my chest.

I walked out from the bathroom and looked around to locate my clothes and stuffs, I sighted my clothes folded neatly when I walked through a door that occupied a room walk-in closet. I looked around.

Who folded my clothes and arranged them neatly?

I was still wondering when I heard a knock at the door, I walked to the door still wrapped in the towel and opened it.

"Good morning my lady" a young lady greeted me. Her face looks familiar, where have I met her?

"You are?" I asked looking confused.

"Bella, my lady. I am your maid, I assisted you yesterday to settle in" she replied avoiding my eyes and looking down at her legs. Slowly I tried to recall where I've seen her face.

I suddenly remembered where her face looks familiar from.

It was from last night. She was the one that assisted me to settle in. I guess she is the one that arranged my clothes too.

"Breakfast is served" she announced.

"I will be there soon" I replied and she bowed before turning to leave, I shut the door.

I walked back to the closet, picked out a simple top and leggings and placed them on the bed, I dressed up. Packed my hair up in a bun and applied lipgloss. This was the least I could do.

Suddenly I thought of Frank. I wondered if he was home or at work.

Why do I care?

I reprimanded myself before wearing my flip-flops and walking downstairs. I finally located the dinner hall after missing my way two times.

It was a big mansion, who wouldn't get lost?

I approached a sit, sat down and began to dish rice on my plate, before I could serve out the third spoon from the cooler of rice, someone grabbed the serving-spoon from my hand immediately.

"No my lady please" I looked up to see Bella begging. She looked pale all of a sudden.

I was surprised, did I do something wrong?

"You shouldn't dish your meals. Mr CEO will kill me if he finds out" she said almost sobbing. She was so scared.

I was shocked, I didn't know dishing your own meals was an offense.

"I didn't mean to put you in trouble" I said politely.

"Please let me serve you my lady" she said and I nodded.

She dished some food onto my plate and I ate silently.

After eating, I spent the rest of my day watching TV and operating on my phone. I was really bored.

FRANK

I went through the files on my table detailedly, everything I went through made me so upset, after going through the last file, I threw it on the floor and stared at each team member from different departments in my company. They fidgeted from fear. I could feel my intimidating aura and it suffocated them.

"You call that a business proposal?" I yelled at them and they shook from fear "does this project look like a game to you?" I yelled again and they shook from fear, I smiled from the effect I had on them.

I was so satisfied with people being afraid of me. It fed my ego.

"Mr Elon, you asked that we invest 12.3 million dollars on a deal that we are not sure about the profits?" I asked with gritted teeth as I leaned back on my chair looking intently and wickedly at him.

"Si...sir...sir.... it's...." Mr Elon stammered.

"You are fired" I said simply and he fell on his knees sobbing.

"Please.... please...sir.... Mr CEO....." He sobbed. I waved my hand towards the bouncer that stood next to me and he moved immediately to carry out my order, dragging out Mr Elon.

The rest of them shivered and shook from fear.

I looked at them one after the other before saying "I want a better proposal by tomorrow morning. Dismissed"

They all walked out and Edward walked in with a file in his hand.

"What happened? I just saw Bill dragging Elon out and everyone's faces is looking so dull" Edward said as he walked towards where I sat. I frowned at him, he was the only one who had the right to question me.

"I fired Elon" I said briefly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Do you have to question all my decisions?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why are you at work?" He asked suddenly giving me a look I couldn't describe. I knew where he was driving at, he was obviously why I was working and not with Mia.

I honestly can't stand that woman.

"Meaning?" I asked.

"I thought you should be home with your bride" He said and I hissed. I knew it.

"Am sure she can manage" I reply as I turned on my laptop, I really wished he could end the topic here. I don't like talking about her.

"So you got married to someone's daughter just to abandon her at home?" Edward asked.

"Why don't you take her to your house then?" I asked sarcastically as I operated on my laptop. I was getting impatient.

"Eww man, that's gross and she is your wife" Edward said.

"Forced wife" I corrected raising an eyebrow.

"All the same. You are still married to her" Edward said.

"Remind me again why we are talking about Mia?" I asked fed up.

"Am just letting you know that you are being unfair to her" Edward said and looked at the time on his wrist watch "It's time for the meeting" he announced.

"Let's go" I said and got up. Edward followed behind as we walked to the conference room.