~02~

MIA

I was watching videos on YouTube on my phone in my bedroom when suddenly I wondered if Frank was home yet.

Why is my thoughts wondering about him?  Why do I care? I wondered. I picked up the glass of orange juice by the bedside table and sipped from it before dropping it back on the table.

I scrolled to the next video before checking the time on my phone.

11:27pm.

It's late.

No sign of Frank. Our bedroom was on the same floor and my bedroom is just before his, so I'll definitely know if he returns because he will walk past mine first.

What is keeping him so late? Isn't he coming back today?

I shook my head violently, I shouldn't be thinking about him.

I heard gentle footsteps behind the door all of a sudden, someone was walking through the hallway, could it be frank? I asked myself as I dropped my phone on the bed and tiptoed to the door to eavesdrop.

The continuous tapping of the shoes on the floor indicated that Frank wasn't alone. He was with someone.

FRANK

The drive home was really stressful. There was traffic. After spending almost 2 hours on the road, I finally got home. The door was opened for me by my butler, Mr Peter. Mr Peter has been my butler and the house keeper for 10 years. He knows everything about me. He was more like family and I respected him for his honesty and loyalty, though I was too prideful to admit that openly.

"You are back" I said in my normal rude tone as he took my briefcase and the files I held from me. He travelled for a family meeting last week. He returned today.

"Yes Mr CEO. Welcome Mr CEO" Mr Peter greeted as I walked through the sitting room and up the stairs, he followed behind closely.

"Well you know of the new developments?" I asked referring to Mia and I being married. We climbed up the stairs to the last floor.

"Yes Mr CEO, congratulations" he said with a smile. He had the smile of a proud father.

I nodded without saying a word as we head towards my bedroom door. Mia's bedroom was just next to mine.

I wondered if she was sleeping. I stopped walking when I got to the door.

"Am sure Mrs CEO is asleep" Mr Peter calmly said and I hissed.

Mrs CEO, seriously.

The sound of her name and the thoughts of her annoys me. I don't why I have so much dislike towards this woman. She did nothing wrong to me but the fact that we were married was enough to annoy me and make me dislike her so much. Getting married was never in my agenda. I just had to do it because Dad threatened to withdraw me from the company and disown me.

I continued walking towards my door like I didn't hear what Mr Peter just said. When we got to my door, I took the briefcase and files from him, opened the door and walked into the room.

"Good night Mr CEO" Mr Peter said with a smile before I shut the door. Why was he smiling?

I wondered before walking into the room and dropping my stuffs on the bed.

MIA

I eavesdropped on the conversation between Frank and his accomplice, he was home late. I wanted to know why but I know better than questioning him. When I felt he was close to my door and heard his footsteps stop all of sudden. I thought he was going to knock or badge in. I quickly ran back to bed and covered myself up with the duvet.

I kept anticipating his knock. After minutes of waiting, I got fed up and got down from the bed. I tiptoed back to the door. This time I didn't hear any footsteps or conversations.

Are they still there? Did they leave? Just like that? I thought Frank was going to knock.

I walked back to the bed. Why was I waiting for him to knock? Why was I hoping he would knock?

I frowned deeply at myself. Why was I getting my hopes high, he hates me. He doesn't even care about me, so why am I expecting the impossible from him?

I strolled back to the bed and laid on it, I looked at the ceiling as I tapped my fingers on my tummy soon I fell asleep.

I woke up quite late, last night I had a dream, a beautiful dream that I cried so much when I woke up. I had a beautiful family in the dream, a kind and caring husband, a complete opposite of what Frank was and a beautiful kid that looked like me but had his Dad's eyes and nose.

I felt so sad knowing that it was just a dream, it would never be reality. I was already married and the man I was married to was a complete opposite of the man in my dream.

Will I ever be happy?

I was heartbroken to know that this was my new life now, this was the life my parents chose for me. I was going to be unhappy and sad for the rest of my life.

I had wet my pillow with my tears early this morning. I took my bath, wore a free top and shorts. I packed my hair, applied lipgloss and  wore my flip-flops before going downstairs. I met Bella halfway, she was holding a tray of food.

"Good morning Mrs CEO, Mr CEO asked that I bring breakfast to you this morning. I came earlier but I guess you were still sleeping" she greeted. I was taken aback when she mentioned 'Mr CEO' that's Frank. Frank asked her to bring me breakfast, why?

"I will just have breakfast downstairs Bella, thanks" I said and she nodded. We walked back downstairs. I wondered why Frank asked her to bring breakfast to me, was he suddenly caring about me?

I couldn't help but think that he was finally changing, maybe my dream was a sign.

"Good morning Mrs CEO" a man in his mid fifties greeted me with a toothed smile. He had gray hairs but yet he was handsome, he gave the British vibes and that same aura that surrounded Frank but not as intimidating as Frank's.

"Good morning, You are?" I asked politely.

"Peter Don, butler of the Williams mansion" he introduced with the same smile.

"Hi Mr Peter, I am Mia.....Silvers...." I thought of using Frank's surname but decided against it.

"Please breakfast is this way" he halfed bowed as he pointed toward dinner hall. I followed his directions and he followed behind.