Smells Like Infidelity

Author's note: Everyone thank you for choosing my book. So this novel 'Beautiful Liar' is the continuation of my previous novel 'Lost in Love'. So if you want to understand it better, I would suggest you to read Lost in Love first. But if don't want to, it can be read as a standalone novel.
______________________________________

Charlie and her wife Angelina were sitting in their garden. Orange juice in their hands. Sky turned pink and orange by the evening setting sun. Patrick, Charlie's friend and his wife Selena sitting in front of them across a table. Charlie and Patrick both are police officers. Angelina is trying to make big in music. Selena is a receptionist in a corporate office.

"How did your auditions went?" Patrick asked Angelina. "I tried my best, lets see what happens" Angelina wasn't paying much attention.

It been a year since her father's (fake) arrest and her marriage with Charlie. Life was going great. She was able to complete her degree and even got opportunities to perform at few gigs. But she wanted to do something big. Her diamond engagement ring was shining on her left hand's ring finger. The diamond earrings, Charlie gave her as a gift for their anniversary were dangling from her ears, perfectly contrasting with her thick black hair.

Patrick and Selena married two months back. Patrick has been promoted and Selena got a job at a big company. They seem to be enjoying their marriage blissfully.

Sometimes a weird thought comes to Angelina's mind. What it would be like to have sex with Patrick? How would he look naked? How will he move his body over her...NO! She told herself. Is she going mad? She doesn't know.

Charlie manages his personal and professional life quite well. Gives her proper time. Satisfies her physically and mentally. Despite all this she can't comprehend why she gets such distracting thoughts.

Angelina tried to move her attention back to the conversation going on. They are joking about something and laughing. Patrick is kissing Selena and Angelina is imagining herself in place of Selena.
______________________________________

It was 2 p.m., Angelina just woke from her afternoon nap. She was thinking what to make for dinner, when the door bell rang. It can't be Charlie as it's quite early and usually he comes back around 8p.m. from police station.
Maybe it was Selena.

Angelina opened the door. A chubby man was standing at other side wearing blue specs. "I have done it." He said and passed Angelina a envelope. "Will give you your fees later" replied Angelina and closed the door.

Now she had to wait till Charlie comes home and then she can start the drama.
______________________________________

Charlie rang the doorbell, holding beautiful red roses in one hand. He never fails to bring flower for his beloved wife.
The door opened. "For you" he presented the flowers to Angelina, who opened the door.

"You liar, disgusting cheater" shouted Angelina and threw an envelope on Charlie's face. Angelina ran upstairs before Charlie could understand anything. He opened the envelope. There were few photos, a man and a woman, deep in lovemaking. He looked closely, it was him. He was shocked. He has never seen the woman in the photo. Someone has morphed his images. He felt like fainting, he felt dizzy as if blood is draining out of him.

He ran upstairs after Angelina. Angelina was crying while putting away all her belongings in a bag. "These are fake" Charlie shouted. "YOU THINK I AM SO GULLIBLE" Angelina was in no mood to talk. "Go fuck yourself, Charlie. I never going to see your face again. Disgusting cheater."

"Anjo, let me explain." Charlie pleaded. "NO, I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU. I WANT A DIVORCE." Angelina shouted.

On hearing these words, Charlie felt a weird anger rising in him. " I endangered my life to keep you safe and you don't even have a little trust on me." He was turning red with anger. He never felt so hurt. "You want a divorce, okay, no problem. Even I don't want to live with a woman like you, who doesn't trust me."

"My lawyers will contact you" Angelina took her bag and moved out of the room.

And with this he knew, his one year old marriage has came to an end.
______________________________________

Charlie's crying face was coming in front of Angelina's eyes again and again. She didn't intended to hurt Charlie but she has no other choice.

She took a taxi and told the driver the adress. Forty minutes later, she was standing in front of a villa. It belonged to Carl Jonathan, an upcoming name in the business world. The bodyguard at the door checked her identity and led her inside the villa.

She was asked to wait in a big hall. The hall was covered with exquisite wall paper. A lavish carpet covering the floor. Expensive antique furniture complimenting the room perfectly.

"So nice to see you, Angelina" said Carl while coming down through the stairs present at the side of the hall. "I have completed my work. Now you don't forget your promise" said Angelina.
"Not all work. I asked you three favors. You have only done two."said Carl with a pleasant smile.

First favor was to transfer all her property to him. And second was divorcing Charlie. "What I have to do now?"asked Angelina. "I promise it's an easy task. Once you complete it, you will get what you desire the most" Carl smirked which made Angelina a bit uncomfortable.

"Edward Payne,the young business prodigy and my arch rival. You have to kill him. Easy, isn't it? But it's not so simple. You can't just go and poison his food. Police will easily catch you and ultimately catch me. So better be discreet. Kill him at a lonely place, dispose his body where no one can find it. Understood." explained Carl with his evil face.

"But why would he accompany me to some lonely place, that too, alone without any security."asked Angelina.
"Well, he has a weakness. A weakness for women. I think that explains everything too well. Make him fall in love with you and he will go anywhere you want to take him." Carl couldn't hide his laughter. "My sources told me, he is looking for a caretaker." Death was a matter of joke for him. But for Angelina, it was a matter of life. One life in exchange of other.

"I'll do it" She said.