Victoria or Angelina

"You are under arrest." Charlie said, he was huffing. Edward was feeling like he was stuck in time. He couldn't move or speak.

Angelina was pale. Blood drained out of her face. Seeing Charlie and Edward together was like seeing two worlds colliding. Two people who gave her love, gave her warmth are going to hate her forever.
______________________________________

"So you have started murdering people too. I thought you would stick to morphing photos only." Charlie said snidly. He was sitting on front of a table covered with files in the police station. Angelina and Edward sitting in front of him across the table.
"By the way, you owe me hundred dollars, bill of the editing company you hired to morph my pictures."Angelina could feel the hatred in Charlie's voice.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO MY WIFE LIKE THAT?" shouted Edward. "I just saved your life from your beloved wife. I atleast deserve a little respect." Charlie snapped back at Edward.
Charlie was clearly hurt to hear someone else call Angelina, wife.

"I think we better inspect Ms. Angelina Wilmanson, what are her intentions? said Charlie.
"Who is this Wilmanson, you mean Victoria?"Edward asked.
"Ohh! So we got one more charge in addition to attempt to murder, identity fraud."Charlie felt his arteries bursting with anger.

"What do you mean?" Edward was confused. "This woman, Victoria, your wife, a few days ago, identified herself as Angelina Wilmanson, my wife." Charlie replied.

"You were already married, Victoria." Edward was shocked. "No, Charlie and I divorced before I met you." Angelina finally was able to overcome her emotions and spoke.

"So you're filing a case against her, Mr. Edward Payne" Charlie said professionally. "No. Never" Edward replied. "I hold no offence against her." Angelina was shocked to hear Edward's words.
Charlie turned red with anger. "She attempted to kill you, do you understand the seriousness of this crime." Charlie said, trying to keep his voice low.

"I don't care. I know, she must have some reason to kill me. Maybe revenge of that slap."said Edward. "Slap! You slapped her." Charlie hated her ex wife, but can't control himself and let his anger out, "I'll can throw you in jail on the charges of domestic violence. Angelina, would you file a case against him?"

"NO!" Angelina was feeling overwhelmed. She can't control her tears. "Edward, I can't thank you enough for forgiving me. But, I want to divorce you. I can't live with you anymore. I can't face you anymore. So please, allow me to leave this place and your life." Angelina pleaded.

"First of all, I haven't forgiven you. And second, I will not leave you." Edward replied in a controlling voice.

"You can't force someone to be with you." Charlie interrupted. He was feeling a pleasure rising inside him, seeing Angelina's life falling apart.

"You, please, shut up." Edward snapped at Charlie. "Victoria, where do you reckon you will go, if I divorce you? You don't have any place to live." Edward said politely to Angelina.

"Please, Edward, if you love me, please let me go. Please." Angelina started crying loudly.

"Okay, I can't see you crying." Edward was himself teary eyed. Leaving Angelina was like a giving away a part of himself.

"Thank you, Edward. You're a great man. I can't thank you in words. You can tell me about our divorce proceedings on phone." Angelina stood up and kissed Edward's lips. "Bye" she said and left the police station without even looking at Charlie, like he was invisible to her.

Charlie and Edward looked at each other. They felt both sympathy and anger for each other. "I think you should leave too, Mr. Payne." said Charlie and picked up a file from the table and started reading it.
"Thanks for you service, Mr. Woods." Edward stood up and started to leave.

"Did you really loved her?" Edward can't control himself and asked Charlie, the thought that was piercing his brain. "Yes, I loved her. More than you ever can." Charlie replied.

Edward said nothing, only gave Charlie a angry look and left.
______________________________________

It was 10 p.m., five hours since Angelina left the police station. She don't know where to go and was just walking aimlessly. She had no idea for how long she was walking or how far she came.

She saw an empty playground with a bench and sat on it. Tears started to roll from her eyes. "I failed you." Angelina felt she was choking onto something.
"I don't know what to do know. I can only wait till they find me and kill us both." She was talking to herself. "Or maybe I should take a risk and go, save her." Angelina rose with a jolt, she knew what she was going to do. It might cost her life but she'll die otherwise too.