ii. a saint fresh from sin

Estelle woke up early in the morning as fresh as a saint free from sin

Estelle woke up early in the morning as fresh as a saint free from sin. Her four-poster bed was just like her one from home, wrapped with privacy curtains and purple covers. She was cuddled around her stuffed grey bunny, Ellie, and tangled in the sheets. She stretched, ungracefully rolled out of bed and pulled back her curtains. The rest of her roommates were asleep which wasn't much of a surprise. Estelle liked to wake up early to miss most of the noisy crowds and grab a seat at the Slytherin table, preferably alone.

Estelle grabbed her uniform from the back of her chair and walked into the shared bathroom. She slipped on her thin tights which made a perfect fit around her narrow legs, and put on her skirt (which was rolled up to her mid-thighs) and her white shirt with a Slytherin tie. Estelle sat on the countertop and used the mirror lining the wall to apply a bit of makeup which she was sure was against the school rules. 'Eyeliner and lipgloss over anything and everything.'

She brushes out the messy tangles from her sleep, double-checks her bag, heads out of her dorm and walks directly to the Great Hall.

She initially sat on her own but after being given her schedule by Snape it wasn't long before Draco Malfoy walked in with the people he liked to consider friends. How he talked to the lot for hours at a time was incredible, extraordinary even.

Draco took a seat next to her on the bench as Crabbe, Goyle and Parkinson took a seat surrounding them. Estelle has never tried to develop a friendship with any of them nor have they. The only time she would talk to them was if it was related to Draco like where he was.

"Where were you last night? I couldn't find you on the train or at dinner!" Draco exclaimed while grabbing a piece of bacon.

"Aw, look who cares," Estelle reached out to mess with his hair which was surprisingly not slicked back with hair gel.

"My hair!" he pats his head as if that's going to put every strand back into place while Pansy stares at the two of them.

"Litterally, no one cares except for yourself and maybe your mother," Estelle said. Draco gives her a dead serious look before turning back to resume the conversation they were having as they walked in. She snickered knowing that she had won.

"Did you hear that Potter had a fit from a dementor on the train?" Draco calls out. Everyone had heard at that point, even Estelle who missed the sorting and went straight to her dorm.

Estelle was unfortunately Draco Malfoy's closest friend which meant several owls and conversations full of Draco's hatred for Harry Potter. It was concerning at times but also dreadful. At first, she listened to how he met Harry Potter in Diagon Alley and his ramblings about how cool it would be to befriend someone who destroyed You-Know-Who as an infant, which is quite an odd statement really. But when the now third years stepped into Hogwarts for the first time Draco thought it would be an amazing idea to try to befriend Harry Potter after insulting his new friend, Ron Weasley. She heard the lot that evening in the common room and listening to the oblivious brat while he was in the wrong was horrific.