v. prayers to the moon

Estelle could already sense the scowl Draco would make as she walked into the Great Hall with Cedric at her side. They rounded the corner and entered the big space only to see the hall was enhanced with decorations for the Halloween season. Hundreds of pumpkins were lit with candles and orange streamers moved like mermaids from their place on the ceiling.

Cedric and Estelle said their goodbyes and went to their respective house tables.

Estelle ate more than she normally did and felt an uncomfortable fullness in her stomach from second helpings but surprisingly didn't feel any guilt from it all. The rest of the feast was left to the Hogwarts ghosts who provided entertainment by dramatically seeping through walls and tables. Estelle rolled her eyes at Peeves who glided through the Slytherin table leaving students to shiver and scream.

Draco seemed it was fit to shout through the leaving crowd and directly at the other Dementor victim, "The Dementors send their love, Potter!"

Estelle waited for most of the crowd to filter out the hall so she could avoid the bumping shoulders and loud chattering. She was walking down the hall on her own when a group of Gryfindors came wandering the same hall on the opposite end. As she passed them, she gave them a confused look while her eyes jumped on each one of them. Why are they all going back?

When Estelle reached the dungeons and entered the dimly lit Slytherin common Professor Snape was standing opposite the entrance with his back to her while speaking to what looked like the whole house.

"There's been a disturbance on the school grounds and for your safety, it requires joining the rest of the school in the Great Hall," A series of questioning glances and gasps followed the teacher's words, "Please follow me."

He turned and noticed Estelle standing behind him looking just as confused as everyone else.

"Ah, Corbin. How nice of you to join us," Snape sneered.

"Thank you, Professor. It's a pleasure," Estelle replied with the same attitude.

Eventually, the school reunited in the Great Hall for the second time that evening. The Slytherins were the last to arrive. Everyone was just as confused as each other and the majority of students were gathered in groups gossiping away. Estelle stood awkwardly off to the side while scanning the room to hopefully stay with someone she knew.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore called out as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed the doors into the hall, "I'm afraid that, for your safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy Weasley, who was looking immensely proud, "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly. Estelle spotted Cedric with a small group of friends and slowly approached. She didn't recognise the two people he was standing but they radiated an intimidating presence. Estelle gathered up the courage and tapped Cedric on the shoulder. His group went silent.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"Estelle," Cedric noticed the weary smile on her face, "What's up?"

cursed eclipse | harry potterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara