iii. questioning a full moon

CW; slight mentions of not eating properly on Estelle's part

Estelle,

I'm very happy to hear from you! I'm quite well and glad to hear you're safe. I'm not familiar with a Sybil but I'm aware of Trelawney seers, my father worked with them a few times but I've not heard about them since. If your teacher gives you any trouble, let me know and I'll come over there and show her!!

As for your tea leaf reading, I'm not sure why that's what fate showed you but time will tell! It will all make sense in the end. For your troubles with dementors, I'm deeply concerned about your well-being. As far as I'm aware, Dementors are supposed to be on school grounds. Correct? Stay as far away from them as possible! Let me know how your research goes as I'm just as confused as you are.

Best of luck,

Francis :)

Estelle,

Darling daughter, we were frightened when we first received the letter informing us of what happened earlier this week. Nonetheless, we are glad to hear you are safe and sound!

We both understand your worries, never feel like you can't tell us anything. We both have never encountered Dementors and know no further information except that they guard for Azkaban. But alas we can give you some comfort and tell you you're anaemia is not catching up to you if you're eating more!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mother and Father

It wasn't until mid-double-potions, on the Thursday morning, that Draco came back. He strutted into the classroom with his injured arm covered in bandages and wrapped in a sling with a look on his face that screamed 'Give me attention, I'm a hero!'.

He sat next to Estelle who was a seat away from Potter and Weasley. Pansy immediately questioned him with a sympathetic look from the table in front of them, "How is it, Draco? Does it hurt much?"

"Yeah," said Draco while sucking his teeth. Estelle rolled her eyes as she saw him wink at Crabbe and Goyle when Pansy turned away to focus on the Shrinking Solution in her cauldron.

"Settle down, settle down," Professor Snape called out.

Professor Snape favoured Estelle. She had always excelled in Potions and it was her favourite subject while also being in Slytherin so she was a perfect fit. Estelle had already advanced in the class despite being in her third year at Hogwarts. She and Snape had a deal since she made her potions so quickly. If she had the time, Estelle would create extras and give them to the Professor at the end of the lesson. It got her extra house points, advanced homework and sometimes she could keep the extra potions.

"Sir," Draco called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm-"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," replied Snape without looking up.

"There's nothing wrong with your arm," Estelle heard Ron Weasley whisper at Draco.

"Weasley, you heard Professor Snape, cut up these roots," said Draco with a smirk.

Ron grabbed his knife, pulled Draco's roots toward him, and began to chop them roughly so that they were all different sizes. Estelle watched in amusement as she added five sliced caterpillars to her second potion.

"Professor," drawled Draco, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir."

Snape approached the table, stared down his nose at the roots, and then gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy black hair.