Prolouge

THIS ENTIRE STORY IS DEDICATED TO MY BEST FRIEND HANNAH HILL WHO SUPORTES ME THROUGH THIS

Prologue

The dark dungeon was dimly lit, with just a few candles flickering on the walls. A gruff-looking man sat at the head of a long wooden table, sneering and scoffing at the mention of "The elegido." He sarcastically said, "Sure, and I'm a unicorn. The last time there was a 'elegido,' it was just a magician."
A nervous 16-year-old girl stood up, her hands trembling slightly. She insisted that it was true. She shifted her weight self-consciously and glanced at another girl, who appeared to be around 17 years old.
The gruff man demanded their attention, slamming his fist on the table. "Alright, IF he is the elegido, then we NEED him," he barked. The girl was taken aback by his use of the word "we." He continued, "Go and find him, lure him in, make him trust you. Then bring him to me!" He glared at the other girl in the corner and shouted, "You!"
The girl trembled and asked, "Me?"
"Who else?" the man replied, clearly annoyed. "Go with her. If he is the elegido, then his whole family must have powers too! Get in close with the other family members."
Both girls responded simultaneously, "Yes, sir." They stood there waiting for further instructions, but the man just glared at them and shouted, "GO!" The girls bolted out of the big wooden door and through the gate into the dark, empty streets.
After leaving the mansion, the 16-year-old girl turned to her companion, feeling nervous. She looked unsure and hesitantly addressed Hailey, "Um, Hailey? He didn't say where to go."
"Where did you smell him?" Hailey asked.
"Wickerheart High," the girl responded unsure.
"Well, that's where we're headed!" Hailey replied with a determined expression, and without wasting a second, she started running towards the school. As she ran, she turned around to check on the girl, who was still standing there, looking scared.
"Victoria! Let's go!" Hailey called out to her friend, who quickly joined her in running towards the school. Once they reached there, Victoria slowed down and caught her breath.
"Wait! Hailey, we need to disguise ourselves as humans," Victoria said, trying to catch her breath.
Hailey nodded in agreement. She immediately used her long black hair to cover her pointy ears. She then put in contacts to conceal her bright green cat eyes and pulled out a silver case to put in fake teeth that covered her pointy teeth. After that, she retracted her  claws.
Victoria watched her friend with keen interest and then followed her lead. She retracted her fangs and covered her crimson-red eyes with contacts. She used her silky brown hair to hide her pointy ears.
Once they were done, Victoria looked at Hailey with satisfaction. "There," she said, happy with their disguises.
"Ready?" Hailey asked, looking at her friend.
Victoria sighed. "Ready as I'll ever be."