Chapter 12

CHRIS

I watched Victoria leave the building. Something felt... wrong. It's all too simple. It shouldn't have been that easy. I shook off the feeling. Victoria knew what she was doing. I didn't have to worry about that. While Mike was busy guarding Kol, I decided to explore.I sneaked into a room that had its door left open. The room was empty, no bed, just an office with papers scattered everywhere. Curiosity got the best of me, so I picked one up. My eyes widened as I read the note: "Those little morons are trying to go against the contract!" Uh oh. "Very well. I will beat them at their own game. Ha, their plan is weak. I will defeat them. I will make sure they never see tomorrow. They will think I'm defeated but I will rise up."My heart started pounding. *What have I stumbled upon?* I thought. *Who wrote this?* As I turned to leave and find Mike, Victoria Interrupted me."Let him capture you," she said calmly. "Trust me."Her words sent chills down my spine. Was Victoria involved in this sinister plan? Could I trust her? My mind raced with uncertainty and fear.Despite my instincts screaming at me to run, I hesitated. Victoria's gaze was unwavering, her expression unreadable. In that moment, I made a split-second decision. I chose to trust her, knowing the consequences could be dire.As I stood there, grappling with my conflicting emotions, a noise behind me made me whirl around. It was too late. Kol, with a smug grin on his face, had appeared in the doorway. My heart sank as I realized the extent of trusting victoria.In that intense moment, I understood the depth of deception surrounding me. Victoria's motives remained a mystery as I found myself falling into the trap Kol had set. Everything had been orchestrated, and I was just a pawn in his dangerous game.I willed myself to stay strong, to remember Victoria's cryptic words. *Let him capture you. Trust me.* I couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to this plan than meets the eye. And as Kol advanced towards me, I braced myself for whatever was to come, knowing that the only way to survive was to play along with their twisted scheme.

HAILEY

Me and Victoria entered the castle, laughing. We walked to the prison room, prepared. Sure enough Chris and Mike were In cages. 

Kol, emerged from the shadows with a wicked grin plastered on his face. His eyes gleamed with mischief as he summoned a powerful storm above our heads. Thunder boomed and lightning crackled, setting the scene for an epic showdown.

Victoria and I stood facing Kol, the notorious mind-reader who had always outsmarted us with his ability to foresee our every move. But today, the tables had turned.

"I beat you at your own game!" Kol declared triumphantly, a smirk playing on his lips.

I grinned. "We actually beat you at your own game," I retorted confidently.

I exchanged a knowing glance with Victoria, my partner-in-crime. "We knew that you knew about the plan, we knew that you were going to capture Chris and Mike," I taunted, trying to keep a straight face. "But the thing is, we planned for that. We planned for it all."

Victoria's smile widened as she stepped forward, her voice dripping with a touch of mischief. "What you didn't see coming is that we burned the contract," she revealed, her eyes sparkling with a mischievous glimmer. "So now, you can't hear our thoughts anymore. And not just that, we can use our powers against you."

I could see the flicker of uncertainty in Kol's eyes as he processed our words. His confidence faltered for a split second before he regained his composure. "Your plan will fail." He scoffed.

He was wrong; our meticulously crafted plan had caught Kol off guard. The tension in the air was palpable as we stood facing each other, each waiting for the other to make a move.