Chapter 14

CHRIS

My phone was ringing, and I groggily reached over to answer it. It was Victoria, my girlfriend, calling.. My heart raced as I listened to her urgent voice telling me that my brother, Mike, had been hurt and was in the hospital. Panic gripped me as I quickly got dressed, ready to rush to his side.

Victoria and I arrived at the hospital together. I could see the worry in her eyes as we swiftly made our way to Mike's room. The sight that awaited us was shocking. Mike lay on the bed, his body writhing in pain, his face contorted in agony. Victoria's hand tightened around mine as we watched helplessly.

Desperate for answers, Victoria closed her eyes and focused her thoughts. I knew she was delving into Hailey's mind, . It was then that Victoria's eyes snapped open, filled with a mix of shock and anger.

"Chris, Hailey turned Mike into a werewolf," Victoria whispered, her voice laced with disbelief. My mind reeled at the revelation. How could this have happened? I felt a surge of protectiveness wash over me.

As I stood in the stark, sterile hospital room with Victoria by my side, my heart pounding in my chest, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Hailey burst through the door, her eyes wide with fear. She frantically explained that Mike, her boyfriend, had been attacked by wolves while on a date with her. In a desperate attempt to save him, she had turned him into a werewolf.

My mind reeled at the impossible revelation, but there was no time to dwell on it. Hailey led us to Mike's room, and as we entered, my breath caught in my throat. There, lying on the bed, was Mike. His once-human features were twisted and contorted, his eyes now a glowing yellow, sharp fangs protruding from his mouth, and deep scars marrying his skin.

I tried to control my fear, to maintain a composed façade for the sake of my sister and girlfriend, but inside, I was trembling. Mike's sadness was palpable, his eyes filled with an unspoken sorrow at the monstrous fate that had befallen him.

Victoria reached out a comforting hand to Mike, her touch gentle and reassuring. Hailey stood by his side, her expression a mix of guilt and determination. And I, Chris, stood there, caught in a maelstrom of emotions - fear, disbelief, and a burgeoning sense of protectiveness towards Hailey and her cursed lover. # Hailey's Revelation

It was a sunny afternoon when Hailey decided to take matters into her own hands. With a curious glint in her eye and a newfound determination in her heart, she approached Mike with a sense of uncertainty. As she tentatively reached out to touch his hand, a wave of unease swept over her as she saw him wince in discomfort.

"Sorry," Hailey quickly apologized, retracting her hand as if she had been burned.

"It's fine," Mike muttered, his voice low and scratchy, his gaze now shifting towards me. Our eyes met, and in that moment, all the fear that had gripped me seemed to dissipate. He was still Mike, the same familiar face that I had known for years. As he caught my reaction, a small, knowing smile tugged at the corners of his lips before he awkwardly looked away.

"That's the best reaction so far," Mike chuckled, breaking the tension that had settled between us.

"Things are going to be a little different now," Hailey announced, her tone filled with a sense of gravity that caught us all off guard.

"Just had to ruin the moment, didn't you, Hailey?" I thought to myself with a hint of amusement, but before I could voice my inner monologue, Hailey interjected, her voice cutting through the silence.

"Seriously, Hailey" Mike' Chuckled. My confusion mirrored the perplexed expressions of everyone around Me.

He looked around confused. "What?"