MCYT Oneshots: Karl xmas fight

"Do we have to go?" Karl whined.

"Yes. They're my parents, and they invited us to Christmas dinner. Besides, it's just for a few hours."

"They hate me."

"They just don't know you. If you go I will show you my room." I bribe.

"We're going. I finally get to go to your house and see your room. It just feels so strange that you know what my room looks like but I don't know what yours looks like."

"You know you would be able to see it if not for the fact my parents don't want you within a hundred feet of them. I'm kinda surprised they invited you to dinner tonight."

"Do I have to go?" Karl whined. He has been trying to get out of Christmas dinner with my parents for a few hours now.

"What am I supposed to tell them? I've been telling them for weeks that we were gonna be there."

"Can't you tell them I got sick? They can't get mad at that!"

"You're going. We don't have to stay long, just a few hours. Once they get a couple of drinks in them you will forget what you were worried about." I say, shutting the door so I can finish getting ready.

About an hour later I walked into Karl's room to find him sitting on his bed, phone in hand, clearly not ready for dinner.

"Karl, you know you can't wear that, right? They will eat you alive." I say, unsure of what he was thinking.

"I do know that, however, I need you to pick something. I tried to find something and it stressed me out so bad I started crying." He says, quickly climbing off the bed and making his way to the closet "I will wear whatever you choose." I just laugh and pick a safe outfit. He puts it on and does a little spin.

"What do you think?"

"I think it has the y/l/n family approval." I laugh, "It is missing something though." I finish, gesturing for him to come towards me. I pull out a little black pencil eyeliner and he nearly starts jumping with excitement. I watch as he quickly applies it to his top and bottom waterlines. Once he is done we head to his car to drive to my parents house. Partway into the drive he asks me,

"Are you staying over again tonight?"

"I want to but I think my parents might die if I don't come home for a few days."

"I really don't know how you stand to live with them, they are so controlling. You're a fully grown adult yet they treat you like you're still seventeen." he mumbles.

"I can't afford to move out yet so I don't have a choice."