04: A Brand New Day

Namjoon did not hear from Yoo-rim for days and just so he didn't overthink everything and spiral, he kept himself busy with whatever came his way.

That particular morning, he cursed under his breath when his room door was pushed open and an overly excited Jin ran in. "Namjoon, wake up!"

He groaned, knowing it was way too early for such excitement. "Hyung, what is –?"

"Si-hyuk hyung called!" Jin all but yelled. "Yoo-rim said yes and she'll be meeting with him and our managers in less than ten minutes!"

Namjoon nodded and was going back to sleep when the information registered itself in his brain. He sat up immediately and turned to the older one, hoping and praying he'd heard him right. "Hyung, w-what did you say?"

"Exactly what you heard!"

Jimin walked in., his smile angelic. "Namjoon hyung, congratulations. I said it first!"

Jin playfully pushed the younger one. "I did."

Jungkook was the next one in. "Congratulations, Rap Mon hyung! I said it first."

Jin was ready to murder. "Yah!"

Namjoon paid them no heed as he got out of bed, accepting the call that had just come in. He brought the phone to his ear. "Mother, what's –?"

"We're having dinner with the Lees on Friday night, Joon." His mother, Ga-eul, said over the line. Her excitement could be perceived from a mile away. "Congratulations! This was the best news to receive this morning."

Namjoon could barely breathe. "Mother, this is real, right? I'm not going to wake up and see that this is a dream, right?"

While Jin snorted, Ga-eul laughed over the line. "Yes, son, it is real. This isn't a dream, I promise. Yoo-rim said she wants to be with you and according to what Su-ryeon told me this morning, it has everything to do with that date you both went on. So yes, Namjoon, this is really happening and you have no idea how happy I am for you."

At Big Hit Entertainment, a nervous Yoo-rim was being led to one of the meeting rooms. Once she entered, she bowed at those seated and Bang Si-Hyuk smiled warmly at him. "Welcome to Big Hit Entertainment, Ms Lee. Please have a seat.

She did just that and he asked "Would you like anything? Water? Coffee? Juice?"

"Water's fine." She replied politely, watching as he nodded at one of the females present who got the message and headed out. A minute later, a bottle of water was placed in front of her and Yoo-rim offered her thanks, scared to death behind the calm and collected façade she had on.

It had been one thing to let her parents know she wanted to take a chance with Namjoon to see how things went and it was another thing to receive a phone call nearly an hour later from a higher up in the company, requesting that she come in for a meeting to work out some issues that would affect she and Namjoon's relationship.

Bang Si-Hyuk spoke up, his warm smile gone. "We're sorry if this seems a bit intimidating. We just wanted to go through a few things with you seeing that our lives are about to be interwoven in number of ways."

Yoo-rim nodded. "Right."

"I'm Bang Si-Hyuk, founder of Big Hit Entertainment, and these are BTS' managers and legal advisors."

They all bowed their heads, saying hello, and she did the same before Si-Hyuk continued. "We'll like to start by congratulating you on your engagement to Namjoon although it hadn't been so official yet."

"Thank you." Yoo-rim said, her stomach still in knots.

"You're welcome. Let's get into it so we don't take much of everyone's time."