15: Euphoria

They had dinner fixed for Saturday, 10th April for both families and after much thought, Namjoon and Yoo-rim asked the members to join them for the family dinner as they had an announcement to make.

Everyone knew it was a big deal when Namjoon didn't allow anything slip as he was the type to let something slip when he was overly excited. No matter how the members grilled him with questions, he kept his mouth shut until most of them gave up; Jin and Taehyung refusing to back down.

Getting information out of Yoo-rim was the same as talking to a stone wall. They didn't bother after the first hour as she was quick in slamming her room door in their faces and focusing on her manuscript instead.

She was meant to resume work that week but she had asked for an extension which had been easily granted to her; Taecyeon deciding to also stay one extra week as he was having difficulty concentrating. For Young Do, it was annoying as he just wanted to meet Yoo-rim and demand an explanation as to why he was being treated like trash.

Saturday came quickly and the dinner was to be hosted by the Kims at their Seoul home. Su-ryeon and Yeon arrived first, Su-ryeon excitedly helping in whatever way she could while the men; Yeon and Ji-Hoo caught up in the living room.

Unlike the dinner they first had outdoors with Namjoon and his family when Yoo-rim accepted the engagement at the Lee mansion, the Kims decided to do things indoors. Their dining table was big enough (something Namjoon and Kyung Min never understood) to fit everyone and all they needed to do was add a few more chairs.

The members arrived at exactly 6:15PM, each one of them carrying one present or the other which had Ga-Eul, Ji-Hoo and Kyung Min flustered.

"We aren't late, right?" Yoongi asked.

Ga-eul shook her head. "No, not at all. Joon and Yoo-rim aren't here yet."

Taehyung let out a relieved breath. "Thank God. I thought they were inside."

Ga-eul laughed, shaking her head once again. "No, Taehyung. They'll be here soon."

At 6:30, Namjoon and Yoo-rim arrived. As she got out of the car, Yoo-rim told herself she was never going to get used to Namjoon driving. For someone whose license was still so new, Namjoon was a really daring driver but he was careful when they were riding together (most times, at least).

They were all excited to see them and soon enough, all chairs around the table were occupied. Taehyung loosened his tie, breathing a little easier. "I think I overdressed."

Jimin smiled devilishly. "I told you."

"You look good, oppa." Kyung Min stated. "I like the suit."

Taehyung smiled cutely. "Thank you, Kyung Min."

Namjoon scoffed in disbelief, staring at his sister. "You never compliment me."

Kyung Min faced him, her chin held up high. "Neither do you."

"Yah!"

She smiled innocently, looking past him. "You look so good, Yoo-rim."

Yoo-rim smiled back. "Thanks, unnie. It was Joonie who picked the outfit."

While Namjoon had a proud smile, Su-ryeon raised a brow, curious. "Joonie, huh? You've never called him that in front of us."

Yoo-rim acted really innocently. "I haven't?"

Ji-Hoo shook his head. "You haven't." He leaned forward. "And you two are way closer than we thought. It's been so long since we saw you two together."

"And it's been long since we spoke too." Yeon added.