06: Heartbeat

Yoo-rim didn't know how much time passed with her in Namjoon's embrace but not once did he make her feel the need to pull away and so she focused on the sound of his heart, the rhythm soothing and grounding.

Namjoon had her tucked into him, his chin on her head, an arm still around her waist, and his hand gently stroking her back. To her, he was the perfect frame to hug and she likened him to the human sized teddy bears she loved. However, she knew there was no way she was going to tell him that.

She sighed eventually, when she felt as though they'd been standing for way too long. "I ruined your shirt."

Namjoon cracked a small smile. "I can always get another one...You okay?"

She nodded, not wanting to move despite her mind reminding her that she needed to do just that. "Yeah. I just had to let it out... I'm sorry you had to see me cry. It's not my best moment."

"It's fine, Yoo-rim. Like you said, you had to let it out. Everything must have been hard on you. I'm sorry."

She pulled back a bit to look up at him, her arms loose around his middle. "You really don't have to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong."

"That doesn't stop me from feeling guilty."

"We'll do something about that." She hugged him again, unable to help herself. "I'm not usually this clingy, I promise."

He smiled once again. "Even if you were, I wouldn't mind..." His throat flexed as he nervously swallowed before he went on to tell her the truth. "I've wanted to hug you for a while now. I didn't know if you'd like it."

"I don't mind hugs, to be very honest. However, I only like them when I'm really comfortable with the person."

"Are you comfortable with me?"

"Not completely." She told him sincerely. "But we're getting there. Baby steps."

Namjoon's heart which had dropped with his earlier statement rose back to his full heart, wanting to soar. "That makes me feel better."

They stayed that way for a little longer before she stepped back albeit reluctantly. "My ex was an idiot."

He nodded. "I agree. He wouldn't have let you go if he wasn't."

She was beyond flattered. "I'm not that amazing, Joon."

The nickname took him by surprise and he blinked, trying to remember what she had said. Even with a flushed face, she looked beautiful when she smiled. "What? Did I say it the wrong way?"

He shook his head immediately. "No, you didn't." He was internally melting. "It just took me by surprise, that's all."

She chuckled. "I do things like that." She needed away from him with how fast her heart was racing and the thoughts that popped up in her head; how nice he scented and how exquisite his jawline was. "I need to wash my face."

"And I'll just put this shirt in the washer and change into another one. Do you want to use the bathroom downstairs or do you want to come upstairs with me?"

"I'll come upstairs."

"Let's go then."

He let her use his bathroom, having no idea she was considering taking the next room which meant they would share the bathroom when she moved in. Just like he had said, he put the shirt he wore in the washer and then changed into a brown coloured one, waiting in the room until she stepped out of the bathroom, cleaning her face with a towel and her hair now free from the bun.

She stopped right in front of him. "So, lemme answer the questions you asked earlier."

He nodded, his heart racing once again. "Okay."