10: Danger

Her Grammy article had the highest number of views in the history of tvN with the views still growing even days after the entire award show. The guys did get better, thanks to her and the over three more dozen cupcakes of different flavours she made and bought just for them.

They all got back to work and it wasn't long before Thursday came knocking; the day for the You Quiz on the Block recording with BTS. That Wednesday, the employees of tvN who were to work on that recording concluded the day's activities and then Yoo-rim and Taecyeon went over everything one more time in her office.

Taecyeon nodded slowly as he skimmed through the last page. "Nothing seems to be out of place so we're good to go."

Yoo-rim dropped her clipboard on the desk and stood. "I guess we can call it a day."

Taecyeon stood as well, a small smile playing on his lips. "You've been looking really good recently, sunbae."

She faced him, pulling her hair up in a quick bun. "Really?"

He nodded, hugging his clipboard to his chest where his heart raced. "Yes, I noticed. Your skin's glowing more this days and you're happier."

She picked up her jacket, giving him a small smile. "Well, I'm happy and there are less worries in my life. Also, I'm working with important people so..."

His small smile widened. "You never told us how your book being published went."

She made a face, her nose cutely scrunched up. "Don't remind me. They had my title dropped the day I quit at Korea Today."

There was no way he would have stopped his eyes from widening like saucers. "Are you serious!?"

She nodded, putting on the nude coloured jacket that matched her trousers. "I haven't been able to work on my other manuscripts and send them out." She smiled at him once again and switched the topic. "You're picking me up tomorrow, right?"

He let it go and nodded. "I am!" His grin showed just how hard he was crushing on her and whoever walked into the office in that moment would have seen the hearts shooting from his eyes. "Thank you for allowing me do so."

She scoffed. "You literally had tears in your eyes and you were so close to begging on your knees so..."

He smiled smugly, not the least embarrassed. "It still got you to say yes so I'm not ashamed of it."

She shook her head and put her things in her bag. "I'm tired of you, Taec."

"You love me, sunbae, and you know that." His voice turned playful. "Don't worry, I love you too." He sobered up. "Will you be at your parents' house or should I pick you up from your apartment at Gangnam?"

She stilled, suddenly realizing none of them knew she had moved. She blinked and turned around, speaking slowly as she was unsure how much she could tell him. "I actually moved from my apartment."

His eyes widened once again. "Really?"

"Yeah, I stay at Seongbuk-dong now." She picked up a notepad and wrote down the address before she tore out the paper and handed it to him, her heart nervously racing. "You'll pick me up from there."

Taecyeon read every word and his expression brightened. "Oh, I know this place."

"Just don't drive in." She said quickly. "I'll meet you outside"

"Why?" He asked teasingly, raising his head. "Is there something you're hiding, sunbae? You know I won't judge you."

She smiled, trying to stay calm although she wasn't. "No, Taecyeon. I don't live alone and I don't want you scaring my housemate."