Ch 1 A cold winter night.

*author's note: This is my first time writing a story using this app. So, sorry if the grammar is horrible and hard to understand*

It's a cold night. I'm at home. The windows and doors are covered with nailed-up wooden planks.

"Great" I mutter.

First, my mother gets killed by the government then there's a virus or parasite going around infecting people.

"Great, just great", I muttered again in a tired tone.

If only SOMEONE didn't snort or smoke some strange powder from the dark web. I stared at my dead dad's corpse. Then maybe it would have been some sort of a normal day.
If only my mother didn't defend my weed-smoking alcoholic father then maybe she would be alive. She should have let the government's minions kill him. I could care less about my father. The grown man has always been...not a horrible person if, I'm putting it nicely. Ever, since my father lost his job, like any other bad fathers from stories. He became an idiot. Who is obsessed with weed, drugs, and alcohol. He also enjoys beating my mother. I still don't get why she still cares and loves him.
Whenever, I ask my mother why she still loves and cares for him she says "It's cause when I first met him-" and she starts yapping about how when she first met him she fell in love and all that stuff that was too boring for me to remember. Which was also a lie cause when my father was drunk he told me, in his drunken tone. That their marriage was forced by my dead grandparents cause they were greedy for dad's money. Unfortunately, I never got to see them, since they died.

Honestly, I'm surprised I managed to not die or get hurt by the government's minions. Guess they had something else to do then bother with a teen that just witnessed her parents get shot and killed right in front of her. Maybe he should have used his laptop instead of the old computer his boss gave him when he was still at work. I guess the boss still monitors the old computer. Which makes me wonder how the hell my father infected someone in a day. Yeah, that's really questionable. Wait, how long have I been standing here in the living room holding a hammer? I wonder if I'm gonna be able to survive for the night. Let's hope those damn deformed neighbors that are already infected don't break the planks that I spent my precious hours on, nailing in the damn window and door. I think I may have cracked a couple of the glass windows while barricading those windows.

"Welp, It is what it is" I replied, talking to myself is a habit that I do often.

I decided to peek out the little crack where I didn't cover it with wooden planks. Only to see my neighbor who is already infected, turn to me with a bloody deformed mouth staring at me.

"Hell no" I yelped.

I turned away and looked at my parents'corpse, so I don't have to see a ugly deformed person looking at me through the window. I'd rather stare at my parents corpse then have an eye contest with an ugly deformed neighbor looking at me through the window.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to see more when I decide to get outta this house. I stared at my parents corpse.

"What do I do?" I wondered

I grabbed a large plastic bag and a cleaver, cause the whole body will definitely not fit in the bag if I don't get messy. I sat on the floor near my dad's corpse.

"The first one is gonna be you, old man" I said.

I carelessly chopped up his arms and his limbs and shoved it into the black trash bag. You know, I would have thrown him in the large garbage bin outside if only there weren't fifty deformed people outside. I sat next to my mother and did the same, except I was more genuinely careful when I put here limbs in the bag. If I could go outside. I would bury her in the backyard which was her favorite place.

Suddenly I hear banging on the barricaded windows. That's definitely coming from the outside. You know, if there is one thing I'm glad about this experience. It would be me not panicking and being scared of the deformed people outside my house trying to get inside so they can turn me into one of them. I used to watch a lot of analog horror movies and videos when I was little. I was traumatized but fascinated by the way the monsters would move and eat. So I kept watching a series until it ended then I would start on another one. You could say I didn't get a lot of sleep when I did that.

I dragged the bags near the front entrance of the door and went to the kitchen to get the blood stains outta my hands. The water was still running, so was the electricity. I'm estimating the water and electricity will last for about 3-4 days. I think I'll just put some canned food and some water in my large bag. Then I shower and slept.