Ch 2 Survival

I woke up. In the middle of the night hearing a strange groaning sound from the kitchen.

"What the hell is that noise coming from?" I mumbled.

I walked to the kitchen and looked at the deformed being that had it's back turned towards the other way.

"Holy shit" I whispered under my breath.

Now how the hell did that thing get here I wondered. I looked at the ceiling. The vent lid that covered the vent was dangling up on the ceiling. I guess the deformed being was somehow smart enough to get in the vents and climb out. How did it even climbed up there? You may ask. I don't know. I was hoping I could stay at this house for a bit longer. But since there isn't a ladder in my house and that it's too risky to start stacking furniture to get up there. I think I'll have to leave tomorrow or tonight.
I slowly walked back to my room to grab my baseball bat next to my bed. I think the monster may have heard me cause the groaning was getting louder...and closer. I closed the door and locked it. I grabbed my baseball bat and bag full of canned food and water in case I couldn't kill this thing. The banging and groaning on the door got louder as I walked closer. Now I could just hide in the bathroom but... I've seen too much horror movies to know what happens to people who hide. Besides, it's either be the prey or be the predator. I'm picking the risky option.
I opened the door slowly...and there it is the creature that is so badly deformed it doesn't even look some what human.
I slammed the bat at the creatures head when it started running towards me. Then kicked it down and slammed the bat on its head again. I grabbed the creature's head and slammed it against the wall repeatedly. Then the creature was laying on the ground with its head bleeding like crazy. It's still moving a bit, but I think this is enough to prevent it from trying to kill me. I took a shower so that way I didn't ended up infected or get turned into a deform monster. After that and stuffing some more clothing in my bag. I heard more noise coming from the kitchen.

"Looks like I will have to leave tonight" I mumbled in a tired tone.

I sneaked to the kitchen and took a small peek. Just as I expected, there are more of them. And there is even one dangling in vent up on the ceiling. Looks like there are about 7-9 of them. And I definitely won't be able to get outta this house without them noticing me. If only the kitchen wasn't connected to the right of the hallway, yet the entrance is just across the living room. I could try sprinting to the entrance, but that would trigger the creatures. Which would make all of them chase me and I would have to also unlocked the door.

"Too risky" I whispered under my breath.

Apparently these things have really good hearing or something cause the creatures started to walk to where I was peeking and watching them.

"Oh f-"

The first creature that saw me almost bit me. Lucky, I slammed his head against a wall before it could. Then I pulled out my baseball bat and slammed it on him. The second one came and tried to scratch me. But I threw the first deformed creature at it. Which knocked or killed both of the creatures.

"Two down, and what? Six or seven more to go?" I said.

I blocked the third deformed creature and slammed my bat down at him. I grabbed a glass bottle on the counter in the kitchen and slammed it down on the fourth creature and then threw the half broken glass bottle at the fifth creature running at me. Which knocked it down.
"Wow, who knows glass bottles can be so useful." I grabbed another one from the counter and slammed it down at the sixth creature that was sprinting towards me. Then I used the sixth deformed creature to block the next ones attack. The body ended up getting teared up in seconds but I was pretty safe. I slammed the baseball bat at the seventh damn creature and then kicked it in the "you know what spot".

"Well, there's only two more" I said.

I was getting pretty tired from slamming my bat everywhere and getting blood stuck on my face. Not to mention the pieces of glass that would try to make me slip every time I walked. I stared at the two deformed creatures slowly walking towards me. I grabbed the cleaver that was on the counter and ran into the creatures and bash the cleaver in there heads. Blood spew out like a mess, but I could care less. After a final blow to the head the creatures died. And finally, it was over.

"Good, God I'm so glad it's over" I said.

I stood up and put the cleaver in my bag. I stared at the ceiling. The creature is still dangling and trying to get outta that vent. Seems like I have sometime before more comes in. I washed my face and hands with SOAP. And then I walked towards the front entrance. I grabbed the door handle. Took a deep breath...and opened...