Ch 3 A small sparkle of hope may lead to survival

...As I opened the door. A swarm of 15-17 deformed human beings are visible to my eye. And oh lord. You know when you go outside and stare at the sun for a second and then you're like "Ah, too bright" and have to look away? That's what it's like to stare at deformed humans. Like no offense to people who are actually deformed but these are worse then you could ever imagine. As soon as I opened the door a group of the deformed humans started walking towards me. I stared at them.

"Ok so." I said and stared at the baseball ball I was holding.

Yeah this thing is not gonna last for long. Unless it's metal. The deformed beings got closer to me. I stared and look back inside the house. Only to find more inside my house roaming around.

"Fuck" I whispered under my breath.

I closed the door and locked it. I stared at the group of deformed beings that doesn't even look human now. They slowly walked towards me. Ok, so we have three options. None of them are good. First, I could try swinging my bat around and hope I don't lose strength or drop my bat. I can't use my cleaver since it was more of a close range weapon and I'm not gonna risk getting bitten by these things. The second thing I can do is sprint for my life and run past the deformed beings to reach the house across the street on the right that looks to be still alive. But if I trip. I'm dead. Option three is a mix of both. Maybe maybe not the best decision. I can sprint and knock down deformed beings while I'm at it. Still running to that house though.
As the deformed beings got closer. I took a deep breath and...SPRINT FOR MY LIFE. I ran as fast as I can beads of sweat forming on my face. I ran and knock down deformed beings that got in my way with my baseball bat.

"I bet there's thirty of them right behind me" I said sprinting.

Yeah, I'd rather not look back.

I managed to sprint to the porch of the house without tripping, luckily there were some gates that would block the deformed beings from getting me while I tried to get inside the house. I took a long sip of water from my water bottle. I knocked on the door. After 2 minutes the door opened and I met a messy red hair teen that looks like a 7th grader.

"Hold up, Maroon?!" I said surprised.

"Oh look, a shortie" Maroon said with a blank face.

"Now quit talking you, giraffe! Also you live in this neighborhood?!" I asked with a surprise look in my face.

"Ehhh, why don't we talk about this inside, unless you wanna die" He said moving to the side to gesturing me to come inside his house.

I walked in feeling the nice cold breeze from the air conditioner. I heard Maroon close the door behind me.

"Uhhhh so?" I asked.

"Meh, make yourself at home" He said.
"Bathroom is across the hall on the right side" He said and pointed at the direction.

"Perfect." I said as I walked to the bathroom.

The bath was covered in smooth tiles from the floor to the ceiling. As I turn on the lights I noticed how there were blood in the toilet water.

"Nasty" I murmured.

"At least flush it damn it." I murmur again and flush the toilet.

I turned on the shower getting ready to shower and cleanse myself from all the blood on myself. Locking the bathroom door and folding my dirty clothes and putting it on the counter next to the sink. I went in the shower glad to be able to wash blood and sweat off my body. I grabbed a bar of body soap that I brought with me in the shower cause, I'd rather use a bar of soap then risk getting liquid soap everywhere on my food, water and clothing if there's a hole in it.

I'm still wondering how long Maroon has lived in this neighborhood without telling me. Maroon was one of my middle school friends that I met when I was a 5th grader before my mom decided to homeschool me because my dad was getting in trouble when she was at work. Also cause she was afraid of me getting bullied by some dumb kids. So, I dropped out of school at the beginning of 7th grade. But Maroon was a very interesting person. He used to slap me on the back of my neck when we walked down the hallways to go to class and then I'd try to slap his neck to get back at him. When he found out I was getting homeschool he just laughed and said he'll meet me, next time. Sometimes I see him in the neighborhood but I thought he was just visiting a friend. I never knew he lived in the neighborhood.
I think I had a friend group when I was in 6th grade. I called it the "hell high". Cause we were all weirdos. I talked about my dumb analogy horror while Maroon talked about when the next math test was coming up. There was also this other girl who didn't talk a lot. She draws a lot of dark stuff. Her name was Sasha. Very unique name. Her personality is very interesting though. She likes to talk about very depressing things. Like how our death is unavoidable and when we all die our souls go to the void, a cold and sad lonely place. I remember this one time a popular girl grabbed her sketchbook and almost showed it to everyone in the class. But she snatched that sketchbook back and cussed at the popular girl. Pretty surprising for a quiet kid.

I got outta the shower and wiped myself with the towel and put on my clothes. Then dry the soap bar with a paper towel and put it in the plastic box. I grabbed my blood stained dirty clothes and walked out of the bathroom.

Once I got out of the shower. I see Maroon.
Maroon was standing across from me with a very annoyed look.