Ch 7 A New Plan

...Why the fuck did Maroon choose me to scan this damn forest?

After going into the forest and watching each others back. Maroon picked a nice spot for us to camp. By a nice spot he means a lot of places with bushes. Then he decided to pick me to scan the area for any danger or river that we can use as resources. I protested at first but it's not like Summer or me knows how to set up a camp. So I just went without too much of a complain. If it was Summer scanning the forest she would probably drop down and cry when it became night.

So here I am. In the middle of the forest scanning for danger and water. I continue walking with the occasional bird chirps and rustling coming from the bushes and trees. I stared at the sun setting on the horizon.

Looks like I have a couple more minutes left

I continue my journey. Walking and leaving some bright pebbles to know where to go back. I did find some mushrooms and berries which I stored in my bag. Who knows, they could be useful if there not poisonous.

Before I could leave and go back to the camp, something caught my eye. A blurry figure of a building next to a river.

Perfect, just what we needed

I drop a few more bright pebbles to "X-mark the spot" and hurried back to the camp to notify the others.

After getting close to the camp. I could see that the tent was set and they managed to create a campfire, which was lighting up the camp. The closer I got the more the two figures sitting on a foldable chair got more clear. Once I was close enough I sneaked up behind them. And....

"BOO!"

"WHAT THE FUCK!" They both yelled obviously startled by my jumpscare.

Maroon almost smacked the shit out of me and Summer was about to run away. I laughed loudly at there reactions and unfold another chair and sat down next to Maroon.

"Don't ever...do that again" I heard Maroon mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

"Sure, sure." I replied back.

I glanced at Summer, who was quietly making small little doodles on a piece of notebook paper.

"What's up with her?" I whispered in Maroon's ear. Usually Summer would start ranting about me jump scaring her but she was quiet this time.

"She's just too tired to talk at night." He answered back in a calm voice while fidgeting with his fingers.

The sun continues to set and the darkness continues to consume the forest. I sat there with Maroon and Summer as I organized the mushrooms and berries that were poisonous and not poisonous. I explained to Maroon about the house I saw next to the a river. It was isolated only one I saw.

"Well, let go check it out tomorrow morning then." Maroon Instructed.

"All three of us?" I ask, while stirring the  boiling mushrooms in the pot.

"I'd rather not let any of us stay behind. Too risky I'd say." He replied.

"Well, It's not like any of us would have a high chance of survival if we were alone. Especially not her" I pointed at Summer.

"Oh fuck off will you?" She groaned and glared at me.

"Just speaking facts here" I replied teasing her patient for a bit.

"Quit bothering Summer... She's not in a good mood" Maroon warned as he poured the mushroom soup in small bowls and handed me one.

"You sure this isn't poisonous?" I taunted.

"If it is will you kill me?" He replied back smirking at me, stirring the soup in the small bowl.

"Nah, I would probably be on the ground unconscious." I added, handing Summer her bowl as well.

After Dinner we all went to our tents and slept for the night.

***

Morning soon came by and we ate our fair share of breakfast. Which is some toast and seasoned mushrooms. Summer ended up throwing up in the middle of the night since her stomach couldn't handle the mushroom soup. I'm sure she'll adapt fine to it soon.

We ended up packing up our belongings and the tent since there was also a higher chance of us not being able to find the camp at night, in case the house ended up being full of deformed zombies. Since we're all going, with no one to make sure there was a campfire lit to light up the surroundings of the camp there isn't really a point in keeping it there.

I slowly followed the bright pebbles that I dropped yesterday, looking around the surroundings to make sure no deformed beings are waiting to jump scare us. Summer and Maroon are behind me carefully walking around the trees and sometimes collecting berries and other herbs if needed.

Eventually I found the pile of bright pebbles I dropped on the ground and looked around.

"What, did you find the house?" I heard Summer grunt.

"Yeah" I pointed at the direction it was in.

"Well let's go" Maroon said walking ahead of me going to the house.

Me and Summer followed him walking through the trails of leaves.

After what felt like a decade we arrived at the house. The windows was completely closed shut and it seemed to be in some what of a good condition. The door was unlocked however. I walked around the house while Maroon checked if there was any unwanted creatures under the house. As for Summer...she just stood in front of the house doing her makeup.

Maybe I shouldn't have felt bad about her after all...

Eventually after me and Maroon checked that the house was safe, we went in prepared for any unwanted deformed beings to jump at us. I had my cleaver in my hand, ready to slash at anything that jumps at us. Maroon had a gun out and Summer just stood behind us watching our backs.

Once we walked in, we checked each and every room and place. And surprisingly, there weren't any deformed beings at all. I lowered my cleaver and walked back to the entrance of the house. I met the others there as well.

"Guess there's nothing dangerous in here"

"Maybe we should go outside and check a little more. Something seems off about this place" I said.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea" Maroon added.

As soon as he finished the sentence the door that led outside shut on us.

"Shit"

"Oh for fuck sake"

I tried opening the door and slamming it with my legs but it wouldn't budge.

"What the hell!? Why won't this shit open?!" I snapped.

I felt Maroon tapping on my shoulder.

"Hey..." I heard him stammer.

"Maroon I swear if there is something behind us I'm gonna fucking cry" I snapped.

"N-No it's just that...the air... doesn't it make you dizzy?" Maroon replied.

Now that he mentioned it. The air did change when the door shut. I didn't notice cause I was having my tantrum with a door. The air was more...heavy and there was a strange stench to it as well.

"Ah shit. Now we're being drugged." I stammered, feeling myself get weak over the smell. I covered my nose with my sleeve but it's no use.

Summer collapsed on the floor, unconscious and Maroon was already sitting on the floor, the heavy stench in the air overwhelming us.

Shit, what the hell do I do?

Summer is unconscious and Maroon is probably too weak to even stand and fight. I'm on the verge of passing out.

Eventually the air overwhelms me and knocks me out. Before my eyelids shut, I glanced at the hallway. Where there was a black haired boy walking towards us with a gas mask.