Ch 5 Midnight Horror

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing groaning. I got up from my bed and grabbed my bat.

"Goddamn what the fuck" I whispered under my breath. Tired as hell.

I opened my door and went where the groaning noise was. Which was in the kitchen. Once I arrived there. I saw Maroon who was holding a cleaver covered in blood. But that's not what caught my attention. A red deformed creature larger then Maroon. (Which I thought was impossible cause he's already big enough) Was looming over him. He had crooked teeth. A chopped off arm which I'm assuming is from Maroon's attempt at attacking since the arm is on the floor. It looked a lot like the deformed human beings except it lost the looks of a human being.

As I stared at the creature Maroon shot me a glance.

"CAN YOU HELP ME INSTEAD OF STANDING THERE LIKE A DAMN IDIOT?!" He screamed as he was blocking the creature's attack.

That immediately snapped me back to reality. I ran towards the creature and swing at it with my bat. As soon as the bat hit the creature it's attention directed at me. I took another swings at it with my bat. It dodged and slam me with it's big ass hand. I fell to the floor like I just got slammed in the face by a really heavily book. Blood started coming out of my nose including pain in the head.

Fucking hell

I quickly got up before it slammed another blow at me. I took another swings at its legs while Maroon was trying to chop off its other arm. I managed to get a good hard swing at it before it dropped kick me. God this thing is harder to kill then a bear. If I knew that a being like this was here in the kitchen I would have grabbed my cleaver. Seems like Maroon's doing more damage with a cleaver then, me who's holding a bat that is most likely on the edge of breaking. I took another swing at it, like my life depends on it. Cause it does.

Miss

It managed to move away in time and I ended up getting smacked in the face by it. More blood started to come out of my nose. It's getting harder to breathe. Before it could take another blow on me. Maroon chopped off its other arm while its attention was focused on me.

I got up and swung my bat at it while it was focused on its other arm that was chopped off. The creature fell over from the impact.

"How the fuck is it still alive?!" I said looking at Maroon, blood still coming out of my nose.

"I don't know" He replied breathing and gasping.

Suddenly I hear someone behind me. I turned around only to see Summer with a horrifying expression on her face.

"Oh look, sleeping beauty has finally awakened" I said.

I glanced at Maroon who was finishing off the deformed being by chopping his head off. Then I turn to Summer who is still standing there, covering her mouth.

"Um are you gonna just stand there? Stupid?" I said trying to snap her outta it.

"I-I AHHHHHHHHHHH" She started screaming.

I threw a pillow at her to make her shut up.

"Shut up will you!?" I yelled at her. This managed to snapped her out of screaming and making us all deaf.

I glanced at Maroon who now managed to decapitate the red rotten being.

"Hey Summer, mind getting a large trash bag?" Maroon asked while chopping the limbs up to make sure all of them fit in the trash bag.

Summer slowly walked to the brown cabinet and opened it to grab the large black trash bag. She slowly walked towards Maroon and handed him the bag.

"Thanks." He said.

I watched Maroon as he stuffed the small chopped up rotten limbs like stuffing a teddy bear with cotton. I grabbed a piece of paper towel to wipe my blood nose with and drank some water. I glanced at Summer who was shocked and scared standing next to Maroon. I kind of feel bad but I guess this can be considered her first time being traumatized. I wash my hand and face in the sink as Maroon dispose of the bag of rotten limbs by throwing it out the window. Summer sat in the dining area holding the pillow I threw at her and so did I. Maroon was cleaning the blood off himself near the sink.

"Jesus. What the hell was that" I heard Summer said under her breath.

"You should ask Maroon that. I just came into the kitchen because of the groaning." I said.

Summer stared at the table while I watched Maroon clean the blood off the cleaver. After a few minutes Maroon came and sat with us in the dining area.

"So, you gonna explain to us about the monster that was in the house?" I stared at Maroon waiting for an answer.

"Well...let's just say I forgot to close the back door in the kitchen and um, when I was going to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. The monster was in the kitchen." He answered.

"All for the sake of survival. Sighs" I stared at him with a blank face.

Summer gave Maroon a look like she was gonna slap him across the face.

"You almost endanger all of our life!" Summer shouted with anger on her face.

"Chill out, it's not like we're dead right now. Besides at least he managed to learn from it" I told Summer.

"Yeah! At the cost of our life he "learned" something. What if there were two of them?!" She shouted at me.

"Meh. I guess I can't argue with you on that one" I said in a tired tone.

Before Summer could shout more Maroon pulled out two, from what it looks like, a walkie talkie.

"What's this?" Summer asked, still furious.

"A walkie talkie, it's a communication device that my grandpa gave to me. And as an apology I will give you guys this. In case of an emergency we can always communicate" He explained in a calm manner.

Each of us took one and Maroon explained to us how to use it. After that we were back in bed and Maroon checked every single door that led outside to make sure a monster can't come in.