Chapter 16

"Sana!?" Sheena was looking for her friend.

Shehnaaz who panicked as if her life was at stake, slapped Sidharth, removed his jacket and immediately ran towards the pool area.

"Ha? Kya bol rahi thi tu?" She asked Sheena as soon as she saw her while panting a little.

"Kya hua tujhe? Aise kyu bhaag rahi hai." Sheena asked, confused.

"Mai kaha-? Tune awaz di na.. toh mai- mai teri pass aa rahi thi." Shehnaaz fumbled with words while answering.

"Ajeeb pagal hai tu. Tere ko chad gayi hai." Sheena concluded as she shook her head.

"Tu kyu bula rahi thi?" Shehnaaz asked her.

"Wo Guru aur uske cousins ja rahe hai. Jane se pehle tujhse milna chahte the." Sheena replied.

"Acha. Chal." Shehnaaz nodded, accompanying her friend.

Sidharth who was watching them from a good distance, sat dumbfounded. He had expected anything but a slap in return for what just happened. Whatever happened was consensual, even though they were drunk, they weren't wasted as if they wouldn't realize they were kissing each other. Anyway, he decided to follow the girls towards the pool.

"Kal milte hai." Gurjot told Shehnaaz, hugging her shortly and taking his leave.

"Ha. Aram se jana." She replied with a smile.

"Tune aise kyu muh banaya hai?" He asked her.

"Kaisa?" She gulped, asking.

"Constipated sa. Bathroom jana hai toh ja sakti hai tu." He replied and she hit his hand in return. Pushing him to leave as their group laughed.

Sheena walked out with her fiance as the two continued to talk privately, others just stood back and decided to call it a night.

Shehnaaz saw Sidharth present in the group and made up her mind to silently escape so as to avoid facing him. She sneaked out of the pool area and made her way into the house through the door at the back. She sighed, took a deep breath and used the washroom to change her clothes into her comfortable ones. All the while she was cleaning her makeup and making the bed, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Sidharth and the kiss she shared with him.

The kiss was a small, short and simple one, their wet lips had just met and began to move against each other before she heard Sheena. Her heartbeats would pick up even at the mere mention of the kiss, the way Sidharth's warm breath had caressed her face before he had leaned in. His hands were holding the collar of his jacket when he helped it around her, yet she could feel it over her chest through the layers of clothing.

A knock disturbed her thoughts, she got up and opened the door expecting Sheena but it was Sidharth. He got in without wasting a single second.

"What are you doing?" She asked him.

"You tell me! What are you doing? Why did you slap me?" He asked her. The slap wasn't hard but a slap was a slap.

"I- wo- it's - you kissed me." She thought a lot before coming up with a reason but then stuttered. Soon she decided to blame it on him.

"Ha toh?" He shrugged, taking a step ahead.

"Kya matlab ha toh?! Mujhe aise koi bhi aa ke kiss karega toh mai thappad hi marungi!" She tried to retort.

"Acha." He nodded, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her up close. He saw her trying to avoid him and sneaking out of his eyes.

"Sidharth -" she wriggled.

"Shut up. Just shut up, natak band kar." He replied, getting a little mad. She was acting unnecessarily unpretentious and it was of no use now. She was just worse at it, pretending as if she didn't know what was happening.