Chapter 19

"Papa, bulaya aapne?" Shehnaaz walked into the living area to find guests over there.

"Yeh meri beti, Shehnaaz." Jagjit introduced her to the two people in formals.

"Satsriakal ji." She greeted them, taking the seat next to her father.

"Satsriakal." The men greeted her for a moment and got back to the papers they were busy arranging.

"Ah lo sir ji. Ethe sign karna haiga. Maine tick laga di hai, aap read kar lien ji." A guy said, handing them a bunch of papers.

Shehnaaz tilted her head a little to look at the papers in her father's hand, they looked like stamped legal documents. The more she read, she got to know that they were his property's documents that he was about to give her.

"Papa yeh-" she was not expecting this now, especially when they were about to leave for his treatment in Delhi in a few days.

"Ha?" He turned to her. Calm and composed as if he had been planning this.

"Uncle, hum aate hain." She excused herself and her father from the guests and pulled Jagjit inside.

"Papa, what is this? Aap kyu ye will bana rahe ho and property wagera transfer kar rahe ho?" She asked him. It looked like he wanted to handover his belongings to them before anything could happen to him.

"Tumlogo ke future ke liye putt. Aaj ni toh kal ye karna tha mujhe." He shrugged.

"Toh abhi kyu?" She asked again.

"Arey tere signature chahiye hote in sab me, tu abhi aayi toh maine humare lawyer Saab ko bulaya. Chal ab. He replied, keeping a hand on her shoulder and patting it.

"Mai nahi karungi sign. Papa, meri job bahar hai, maine toh vaise bhi yaha nahi rehna." She told him.

"Aur unsab me kahi bhi Mummy ka naam kyu nahi hai?" She asked curiously.

"Yeh sahi sawal hai. Dekh, tu samajhdaar hai aur janti hai humare rishtedari me kaise kaise log hain. Mai nahi chahta wo Madhu ko kisi bhi tarike se pareshan karein hisse ke liye baad me." He answered.

"Toh aap ho na sab handle karne ke liye? Aap kaha ja rahe ho?" She asked him yet again.

"Kab tak rahunga, ye kahi likha nahi hai na?" He replied and she glared at him.

"Please yaar aise emotional baatein na karo Papa mere se! Mai idhar aapki doctor appointment ke liye logon ko call pe call kar rahi hu." She argued. She wasn't going to get emotional about her father's health now, there was no time to worry about him. They needed to get him treated properly in a better hospital quickly.

"Acha sorry. Sign karde na putt." He requested her.

"Kisi ne aapko kuch bola hai kya property wagera ke liye? Tau ji ya kisi ka call toh nahi aaya tha? Mummy ki family se?" She asked suspiciously.

"Nahi aaya kisi ka call meri Amma! Chal ab. Let's just get done with it." He replied, sounding quite fed with her inquiring.

"I don't know why I even agree with you on everything!" She rolled her eyes at him, signing the papers eventually.

Her father, in the first place asked her to book train tickets for them because it had been a while since he travelled in trains. Secondly, he asked if they could visit the golden temple because she didn't come over for her last birthday and their path was still pending.

"That is because you love me." He told her, patting her head and smiling like a baby.

"Yeah whatever." She commented, kissing his cheek nevertheless.