Chapter 38

"Kya kar rahi Sana? Tu moti dikh rahi hai yaar! Zyada khane lagi hai?" Gurjot asked, the friends had decided to video chat on a free Sunday afternoon.

"Aye, chup karja! Mickey, isko kyu bulayi tu?" Shehnaaz replied, making faces at him and calling her best friend back to the screen.

"Apni baat bata, teri biwi kyu itni patli lag rahi hai? Tu khilata pilata nahi hai usko?" She asked him.

"Oye, meri biwi lean ho gayi hai. Hum dono sath me gym jate hain! Yeh dekh!" He replied and flexed his big biceps through his t-shirt. It made her chuckle.

"Chal chal, mujhe baat karni hai Sana se. Ja tu, naha ke aa." Sheena entered the room, taking her laptop away from her husband.

"Kaisi hai Sana? By God I hate seeing you through the screen!" Sheena complained, kissing the laptop camera.

"I miss you too yaar, tune shaadi hi kyu ki!?" Shehnaaz replied, kissing her fingers and then passing on the kiss to her friend in the air.

"Kya haal chal?" She asked further.

"Bas, dono adha time office me rehte hain aur adha time khana banate rehte hain." Sheena shrugged, talking about her life.

"Hm. Gym jati hai? Tu sachme kitni lean aur fir dikhne lagi hai pehle se. You're glowing." Shehnaaz complimented her.

"Hain na! Mera toh poora time work from home rehta tha, baithe baithe bas weight gain ho raha tha. Guru ne bola chal gym." Sheena replied.

"Subha weight training, raat ko cardio." She added, winking at her friend and giggling at her own words.

"Mickeeyyy!! Chhhii yaar!" Shehnaaz giggled as well, cringing at her friend's joke.

"Tu achi dikh rahi hai pehle se, you almost stopped eating and sleeping, Sana! I was so worried about you a couple of months ago." Sheena mentioned as their laughter died down.

"Hmm. Time helped." Shehnaaz commented.

"Kabhi kabhi lagta hai ke kash thoda pass rehte tu aur mai, possible hota toh aati jati rehti, tujhse aur aunty se milne ke liye." Sheena said.

"Tu pass hai toh sahi, itna karti hai mera. Thank you for keeping up with me, Mickey." Shehnaaz replied.

"Chup kar. Mujhe thank you bolti hai, kutti. Mai nahi, toh kon rahega tere sath!?" Sheena smiled.

"Ha, bas tu boyfriend wagera bana le toh meri thodi responsibility kam ho jaye." She sighed dramatically and the girls chuckled.

"Mickey.. wo.." Shehnaaz wondered if this was the right time to let her best friend know about her new relationship. Sheena's reaction was one of the things she was scared of.

"Ha baba, I understand. You take your time." Sheena replied, not wanting to hurry her friend into a relationship.

"Aunty kaisi hai?" She asked.

"Achi hai Mummy bhi. Friends banaye hain building me, kal hi ek ke ghar paath me gayi thi. Kabhi kabhi subha walk pe bhi jati hain kuch ladies ke sath." Shehnaaz answered.

Shehnaaz wanted to talk to Sheena about Sidharth but telling her about this new relationship meant telling everybody. Sheena wouldn't be able to hold it back and reveal it to her and Sidharth's family immediately. She wanted to discuss it with Sidharth first.

"Badhiya, badhiya hai. I was really worried about her. Tu toh office aur naye city me settle hone lagti. Lekin aunty, tere jane ke baad phir akeli ho jati na." Sheena replied.

"Hm. Shuru shuru me aisi hota tha. Abhi Mummy khud se market bhi chali jati hai, zyada dur nahi hai aur auto toh badi aram se mil jati hai." Shehnaaz nodded.