Chapter 9

The afternoon sun hardens it's rays. We've been sitting quietly, in our own space for a while now, He's typing something on his laptop, glancing at his journal every now and then, I'm counting the pages of my story.
When time keeps passing, I regret not completing this story before, Now that I think, I'm not really ready to face Liebetown with him. I've lied to him enough, my presence There would just disturb his research, but I want him to acknowledge that this story is real. In fact, it's about us.

“Let's continue the story, shall we?” I offer, he stops typing, looks at me and sighs. “This is the first time you're offering to do that on your own. Why so?” The realization hits, and i muffle between my thoughts. “Oh well, I was bored.” Is the only reply i manage to pass. “Oh? I thought this story wasn't for passing time.” His questions keeps getting edgier and hard to answer. I give up on the idea of it, but he closes the laptop, folds his arms around his chest. Waiting for something, I raise my eyebrow in term of question. “I'm just kidding. Let's hear the story.” i wait for some minutes to pass, it's been a whole day now, I have two more days to complete this story of Elion and Oryn, The story of Lucas and Lucian.

~

{ Soon Elion got comfortable around the land, the time he spent learning the techniques made him more of his own, he didn't talk to people now when he wandered around the markets, he didn't joke about anything to make people elder than him smile. He didn't even try to play with the kids of the land, now he found them noisy. His father had told him to fix that Awkwardness, to Behave, But he didn't know what he meant by that. He tried to talk with other princes and princesses, but no matter how great his skills were now, He still lacked Power. They didn't provoke him, how would they? He was the prince of Lionson, an honorable mention. But they didn't make him comfortable either.

“I wonder if Elion had power, how different it would be.'' Princess Erryn commented when he joined them. “I believe he would have felt more superior, since he already thinks he's far more better.” barin teased. Elion didn't mind it anymore, he's been hearing this for years now, perhaps he still felt a guilt within, the lack of superiority. “Oh but I'm sure he can still win against you in a duel.” The only person who didn't make Elion insecure, Oryn spoke. Elion noticed his scars more than anyone else, or maybe others just pretended not to see. It looked like vines, along his shoulder, his arms, his back. He tried to hide it well with suits provided to him, But unless it was made of iron the scars found Their way to peek. Elion found it quite suspicious of it. But then again it was none of his business, he too got many scars due to duels. “We're not disrespecting him, we're just discussing. You don't have power too, so it's obvious that you'd take a stand for him.” Prince Eyal mutters. Prince Oryn’s eyes scans him, walking towards, making him stand still.

“Do you really think I'm powerless?” He speaks in a discourteous low voice. The only sound disturbing is wind and dried leaves under their feets. “I don't think you should underestimate anything, unless you're confident.” Prince Eyal avoids his eyes, which are only fixed on him. Oryn has caged Eyal between him and a tree while he raises his hand in the air with severe expression, Eyal gulps down his voice not sure what Oryn might do, Elion takes a step forward when no else risks to utter a word but— “You’re so frightened.” Oryn burst into laughter, pating the sides of his arm as he take a step away from prince Eyal. “I was just trying to prove my point.” He continues giggling, making everyone sigh. He rests his elbow on Elion's shoulder, “Why would I reveal my powers to someone with lack of judgement.” His mischievous act that made everyone else alarmed seemed to made Elion Smile. “I wasn't scared.” Eyal explains but his own sister, Princess Erryn huffs a laugh. }

“woah, Oryn almost had him.” Lucian huffs a little laugh.
“So, what's this.. Hidden magic?” He asks, “that would be a spoiler.”
“I don't care about spoilers.”
“Oh, but I do.”