Chapter 10

The sun slowly begins to calm, the rays of it don't hurt much, the wind carries an ounce of smell of dried leaves. We sit facing each other and do what we've been doing this whole time. I read and he drowns into the story.

                                   ~ ~ ~

{They don't talk about magic or curse, after what Oryn told him, prince Elion had thought that it's better to stay unaware of it. They do what they usually do, Duel. Oryn always loses and watches Elion brag about it. He tells him all the hardship it takes to make him perfect. He tells him about the master of swordship,
“He always refused to rest.” Elion said, “he used to train me all day, with only an allowance of water and some wild fruit.” Oryn looks at him, amazed. “I wonder why you didn't go?” He asks Oryn, and Oryn hesitates. “Why should I?” He questions Elion back, “You never talked to me, if I were to go with you and stick along, I believe I would have been lonelier.” Elion thinks what Oryn means by that, “You never joined me and other princes, Princesses when we used to play at Kingdom of Meraki.” He tells him, Oryn bites back his lips knowing he's right. “You always were scared and quiet.” Oryn nods, agreeing with Elion. He as a child was always intimidated by other royals.

Not because he didn't feel confident, but maybe because he was afraid of what they would think of him. He thought if he told them what his magic was, which is father told him not to tell anyone, they'd torture him the same. “Aren't we going to Queen Ceres today?” Elion has changed the topic to avoid Oryn's uncomfortability about the past. Elion does not know anything about him, not his magic nor his Family. They never let him be out by himself, But they do now, and he wonders why. But he also feel grateful to be with him. No one has questioned Elion about anything he's been bothered by, nor has Oryn. But oryn understood him, without any need of asking. “Let's go then, the sun will set in an hour or two.” They both keep their sword by their waist, and begin to walk towards the sun, towards the kingdom of Meraki.

The sun didn't set yet, but they reached. Surprised by the presence of the other two. Princess Alora and Princess Celia.
They both seem confused to see their sisters together, more confused about seeing them here. Princess Alora seems to be the one who brought Oryn's sister here, because just like Oryn as a kid, she didn't join to play with them either. “What are you doing here, Celia?” Oryn asked , walking in her direction. Where she sits near queen Ceres and her daughter princess Cyrene.
Queen Ceres looks at Elion, and he once again tries to look away.
“I'm grateful to have all of you here.” Queen Ceres says.  She looks calm and almost like any other person of the land. She doesn't dress in diamonds nor in fancy shines. Her dress looks like one of her art, a sky blue cloth with the details of feathers.

Princess Cyrene on the other hand, matches with her mother.
The one who looks like royalty here is Oryn's sister, Princess Celia.
Dressed in all glory, Work of gold on her white gown. Her dress might be heavier than herself. “It's a pleasure to be in your kingdom, Queen.” Oryn bows a little, respecting her presence.
Celia hasn't answered yet, but it doesn't look like she would.

Princess Alora speaks directly to Oryn, “I brought her here!” With a quite forced charm, Elion had thought. She sticks her smile a little bigger, her eyes a little wider, making her look a haunt.
Oryn looks at Elion, as if demanding an explanation. Elion does not understand why he would be bothered just by his sister's presence. But he takes a stand anyway, “I thought you had some work in the kingdom, Alora.” He speaks in a determined voice,
“I didn't believe you would be out here disturbing other Princesses—”
“Enough of your brotherly questions you both.” Queen Ceres warns Elion and Oryn, when Alora seems to chuckle.
“But—” Elion tries to speak in his defense again, but Queen Shushes him. All three of the princess burst into laughter in a sync, the expression of Prince Elion feeling as if Queen Ceres has betrayed him and sided with his sister. He can see Oryn from the corner of his eyes trying not to laugh, and maintaining a strict posture.