Chapter 11

The day repeats, we ended our day with researching most of the things about my story, and slept half way through it. Not like we found anything big about it, some bits about possibilities of who can be the writer of tragedy of blessings. Today is our last day in this train, the train where we got too comfortable. We have to stay awake the whole day, and whole night today as Lucian said. Today I'll have to make a decision. Decision that will either hurt me or cure me. If I don't complete reading this book today, I have to follow Lucian to Liebetown. If I do, it's up to him again.

We do our breakfasts, the train feels quieter than usual, as if asking us not to leave. Mirah’s mother does not stop looking at us, she smiles at Lucian every now and then, mirah looks wide awake and her mother's eyes are sleepless. Should I ask her? Why is she going there? An abandoned town is possibly not a place to explore with a literal child. The wild and these dangers are not something she has to take lightly. “stop staring at her.” Lucian interrupts my thoughts.

He might have noticed, but I can't help but think about it. “She's comfortable with you right? Ask her why she's going there.” I tell him and he gives me a weird look. “Why do you want— She might have a reason too.” He says, “She's not a photographer, has no camera around with her. She possibly can't be going there to dig up forgotten history of the town with a child that can't even speak.”
He sighs, and looks at her, she's looking out of the window as always. Lucian goes and sits in front, startling her. He doesn't ask her or anything, just simply starts playing with mirah. She notices me looking at her as I avoid her gaze. “How old is she?” He asks between playing with mirah's fingers, “11 months.” The mother replies, “are you going to Liebetown? We are going there, you can join us!” He continues to play without meeting his eyes with her or me.

“Oh, no. It's fine. I'm fine.” She stutters, “it can be dangerous being there alone. Do you think you can manage it?” He asks, now properly looking at her, he looks concerned too. “I— yes. Yes. Of course.” She says, he sighs and smiles at Mirah who's now picking at his hair.

The whole morning goes awkwardly, three of us glancing at each other, not sure what to say. I don't ask to read my story, I wait for Lucian to ask, after our lunch, he does.

~ ~ ~ ~

{ “I don't want to talk!” Prince Kaz yells, the Lionsons siblings finally reunite. “That's not how you talk to your elder brother, kaz.” Princess Alora interrupts, after spending time in the Kingdom of Meraki for days, prince Elion decides to stay until Kaz shows up. He did, and was not impressed by the elder brother's presence. “What's gotten into you prince Kaz?” Queen Ceres asks him, “I told you I don't want to meet with him! You didn't listen to me.” He yells back. “If you talked to Queen Ceres like that I'll have no choice but to use my skills on you. Do not force me to harm you in any physical way, kaz.” Elion warns, the kingdom of Meraki has become the center of chaos, where the queen Ceres stands with her children, children of Lionsons along with the alchemy siblings. “You both need to calm down, instead of ruining the name of your kingdom by fighting like this.” Oryn says.  he doesn't know the cause of any of it, but he'll choose Elion's side without thinking twice.

Princess Cyra scans Kaz as if she failed to teach him. “Use words to describe what you want, prince Kaz. Disrespecting your brother won't bring any good for you.” She says, in a low and calm voice. “I do not like him. I don't want to see him, because of him I have to go with the name of a powerless child. Because who am I if not a prince of nothing? Alora has our father’s support..” he lowers his voice Little by little while talking. “Him..” he looks at Elion, with a profound disgust,

“He mastered the skill of swordship, to run away with the powerless calling. Our kingdom has no powers, but I'm the only one who has to go through the mourn of it.” Kaz claims, his eyes filled with tears but he refuses to let a single drop fall. “You're not the only one suffering, kaz.” Oryn speaks when Elion freezes at his brother's words. Alora holds Elion's fingers as if to tell him not to worry, that she'll still support him but Elion remains unfazed.