Chapter 6: The Meeting

In the midst of his journey towards the Autobot base at Retoris, Smokescreen traversed the bustling city of Iacon. As he strolled through the reconstructed Iacon Hall of Records, once a symbol of destruction, he found solace in witnessing its rebuilding. The echoes of renewal filled the air when an unexpected encounter disrupted his thoughts – his crush, Moonracer. Their collision prompted swift apologies from Smokescreen, who had inadvertently disrupted Moonracer's search for him.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to run into you," Smokescreen exclaimed. Moonracer, unfazed, responded with a gentle reassurance, "That's okay. I was just looking for you."

Perplexed, Smokescreen inquired, "Wait, you were?" With a certain resolve, Moonracer confessed, "Yes, Smokescreen, you know how you have a crush on me? Well, there's something I should probably tell you." Eagerly, Smokescreen listened, "What is it?" The admission hung in the air as Moonracer continued, "I want you to know that I... I like you too. I was wondering... since you have feelings for me... I was thinking that we should start a relationship. You know, start dating." A surge of disbelief and joy washed over Smokescreen, "You mean it?"

With sincerity, Moonracer disclosed another layer of her past, "Yes. But there's something else I need to tell you. I... I had a boyfriend. His name was Powerglide, and we dated for a long time until we decided to break up and just be friends because we realized that we just were not meant for each other. If Powerglide was still dating me, and he ever found out that I was in love with you, then he would've been jealous and angry that I cheated on him. But right now, we're just friends, and now I want to be in a relationship with you."

A blend of emotions swirled within Smokescreen as he grappled with this unexpected revelation, "Why?" With a genuine smile, Moonracer expressed, "Because you have feelings for me, and I've developed feelings for you as well. What I'm trying to say is... I think I'm in love with you. Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Overwhelmed with joy and affection, Smokescreen responded, "Of course, Moonracer. I-I've also been wanting to tell you that I... I'm in love with you, too."

Time seemed to hang in the air, creating a momentary cocoon around Moonracer and Smokescreen. Despite the passage of over a year since their last encounter, the emotions they shared now transcended time. As they stood there, gazing into each other's optics, a shared understanding of the profound connection that had silently grown between them filled the space. In a voice tinged with vulnerability, Smokescreen broke the silence, "Moonracer, I can't believe we're finally here, admitting our feelings after all this time. It's like the stars aligned for us." Moonracer, equally moved, nodded with a warm smile, "It does feel like destiny brought us together. I've thought about this moment so many times, and now that it's here, it's even more magical than I imagined."

Emboldened by the mutual affection, Smokescreen, though still nervously fumbling with his words, managed to express, "Moonracer, there's something I've been wanting to do since the moment I realized I had feelings for you." Curiosity sparkled in Moonracer's optics as she encouraged him, "What is it, Smokescreen?" His vocal processors struggling with the weight of the moment, Smokescreen stammered, "I-I was wondering if, um, I could... kiss you? I mean, if you're comfortable with it."

Moonracer's expression softened, her affectionate gaze fixing on Smokescreen, "I've been waiting for you to ask that. Yes, Smokescreen, you can kiss me."

A mixture of relief and anticipation flooded Smokescreen's circuits as he took a tentative step forward, closing the distance between them. The uncertainty in his movements mirrored the vulnerability of a spark exposed to the universe for the first time. Moonracer, understanding his nervousness, extended her arms, welcoming him into an embrace.

As Smokescreen gathered the courage to lean in, their frames touched, and the world around them faded into insignificance. The magnetic pull between their lips grew stronger until, finally, they shared a tender, heartfelt kiss – a culmination of unspoken emotions and the beginning of a new chapter in their intertwined destinies.