Chapter 11: Evasive Action

The Autobot base in Retoris hummed with activity as the main computer blared like a red alert, signaling the presence of Decepticon life signals heading towards Cybertron. Ultra Magnus, the stalwart leader of the Autobots, strode purposefully towards the computer console, his optics narrowing as he took in the grim news.

"Decepticons on approach to Cybertron," Ultra Magnus announced, his voice commanding attention. "They're targeting the Energon reserves at Kaon."

Arcee, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Prowl, Jazz, and even the newly recruited Bombast gathered around Ultra Magnus, their expressions grim with determination.

"We can't let them get their hands on that Energon," Arcee declared, her voice tinged with urgency.

Ultra Magnus nodded in agreement. "Agreed. Arcee, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Wheeljack, Prowl, Jazz, Bombast, you're all on this mission. We must stop the Decepticons before they can do more damage." Just as Ultra Magnus finished speaking, Smokescreen, the Autobot rookie, stepped forward, determination burning bright in his optics. "I'll go too. With my new superpowers, I can help take down the Decepticons."

Ultra Magnus hesitated, his optics flickering with concern. "Smokescreen, this mission is too dangerous. We don't know the full extent of your abilities yet." But Smokescreen stood his ground, his resolve unwavering. "I can do this, Ultra Magnus. Please, let me help." After a moment of tense silence, Ultra Magnus relented with a heavy sigh. "Very well, Smokescreen. But be careful. We can't afford to lose any more Autobots."

Smokescreen grinned with excitement. "Awesome!"

With a wave of his hand, Knockout, the Autobot medic, and ex-Decepticon opened the ground bridge portal, and the team of Autobots followed Ultra Magnus as they transformed and rolled out, their engines roaring with determination as they raced towards Kaon, ready to confront Switchblade and his Decepticon troops head-on.

As the Autobots journeyed towards Kaon, the atmosphere pulsated with tension, electrically charged with the anticipation of conflict. The air carried the distinct aroma of Energon, its essence thick and potent, mingling with the promise of imminent battle. Meanwhile, Switchblade and his Decepticons operated with practiced efficiency, swiftly gathering Energon cubes and loading them onto their transports.

"Slipstream," called Switchblade, his voice a low rumble amidst the mechanical hum of activity. "Any sign of the Autobots?"

"Not yet, General," replied Slipstream, her optics scanning the horizon. "The Seekers and I continue to scour the skies for any trace of our adversaries."

"Then let us expedite the transfer of Energon to our starship before they intercept us," commanded Switchblade, his resolve unyielding.

"General Switchblade," interrupted Mayhem, his tone urgent.

Switchblade turned his attention to the Decepticon scientist, his optics narrowing with impatience. "What is it now, Mayhem?"

"I have been devising a device capable of neutralizing Smokescreen's newfound powers," Mayhem explained hastily. "However, should the Autobots arrive and bring Smokescreen with them, I have formulated a contingency plan."

From the shadows emerged Mindwipe, his presence ominous yet calculated.

"General Switchblade," announced Mayhem, gesturing towards the bat-like Decepticon. "This is Mindwipe. He possesses the power of hypnosis, a formidable asset in our endeavor."

Switchblade acknowledged Mindwipe with a nod of recognition. "Mindwipe, your talents may prove invaluable in our current predicament." Mindwipe inclined his head respectfully. "Mayhem has informed me of the situation. I believe my abilities can aid us in crushing Smokescreen and extracting the Super Energon from his body."