Chapter 15: Out For Love

Slipstream and two Seekers were searching for Mindwipe as Switchblade sent him to find Smokescreen and use his hypnotic powers to bring him to the Leviathan until he went missing.

Slipstream and the Seekers found Mindwipe at the gray zone, which borders between Autobot and Decepticon territory during the Great War as it was revealed that he was killed by decapitation. "We found Mindwipe, sir" Slipstream said as a drone scans Mindwipe's corpse.

At the Leviathan...

Switchblade is at the bridge as he looks at the holographic screen of Mindwipe's corpse. Bitstream is by his side, "No one has ever managed to kill Mindwipe, whoever killed him must be very strategic and experienced. What's your next move?" Bitstream asked. "We'll continue repairing the Levithan and find a way to strip Smokescreen's powers" Switchblade replied.

_________________________________________

At Retoris...

Ultra Magnus and Proteus are in the office as the retired senator told the Autobot leader that he killed Mindwipe "Start from the beginning" Magnus said as Proteus inhales then exhales "My daughter and I were taking a stroll..." he said.

(Flashback)

Proteus and Astraea are strolling in the gray zone as Mindwipe appeared "until, we ran into Mindwipe. He tried to use his hypnotic powers on us, but Astraea already told me about his power" Proteus explained as his flashback self and Astraea shielded their optics.

"I decided to buy my daughter time to flee and prevent Mindwipe from doing any harm in the future" he explained as flashback Proteus tells Astraea flee as she complies. Proteus pulls out his axe and looks at Mindwipe with determination "Because, in my experience in order to defeat an enemy that is capable as Switchblade, look for their advantage..." Proteus said as his flashback self charges at Mindwipe and does a big leap, Proteus has his axe ready and yells as Mindwipe's optics widen "and destroy it" he said as flashback Proteus swings his axe at Mindwipe and decapitating the Decepticon.

(Flashback ends)

"You may go" Ultra Magnus said "Okay, sir...also, let's keep this away from Sentinel Major. I don't want him to use this information for his own selfish gain" Proteus suggested "Very well" Magnus agreed as Proteus leaves Magnus' office.

_________________________________________

Sentinel Major was in the training room, practicing fighting with his lance after he was done he gloats about his lance, much to the annoyance of the others. Proteus is at the entrance of the training room and heard everything "Is that so Sentinel Major, how about you prove it?" Proteus said as he enters the training room. Everyone became interested about this as they decided to watch. Proteus, a few feet away from Sentinel Major, turns around and puts his servos behind his back "Sentinel Major, attack me with your lance" he said "What? But..." Sentinel Major stammered "Do it!" Proteus bluntly said.

Sentinel Major readies his lance and charges at Proteus, with a quick move the former senator grabs the lance with his servos, much to the surprise of the Autobot second-in-command "Is this the superior weapon you claimed to be? For fighting the front lines in battles, but cannot face an experienced mech like me?" Proteus stated as he releases the lance.

"Again" Proteus said as Sentinel Major does strikes with his lance and Proteus dodges them, then he pulls out his axe, and blocks Sentinel's strikes. The two Autobots fight each other with their respective weapons until Proteus knocks the lance out of Sentinel Major's servo and swings his leg at him as the Autobot lost his footing, then he points his axe at Sentinel Major and looks at him with a strict expression "An Autobot warrior such as me, is capable with or without his weapon, so can the enemy" Proteus explained "If I was a high-ranking Decepticon such as Switchblade or Starscream, or even the Decepticon leader, Megatron, you would never make out this fight alive, understand?" he stated "Yes" Sentinel Major replied.