Twenty-three

Dahlia Pov

On the flight back home, I  couldn't stop thinking about Jude. Does he really like me or am I just a plaything for him? Do I still like him? Of course  I do.  I forced myself to stop thinking about him and just relax for the rest of the flight.

Jude Pov

My head spun at those words. I thanked the girl and turned to leave, feeling heartbroken all over again. This was all Gabriella's fault if she hadn't showed up everything would have been just fine, but no she just had to ruin everything.

The flight back to Madrid was torture, thoughts of Dahlia invaded my mind. Her smile, her eyes, her soothing voice that I could listen to for hours on end. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind but it seemed like they were intent on not leaving my mind so I just let them stay there.

For the next few weeks, I poured all my energy into training and focused on trying to be on the top of my game. I occasionally checked Dahlia's instagram to see if she posted anything but her last post was the day before our fight.

If only I could turn back time

Dahlia Pov

Being at home was just the break I needed. I spent my days at the beach and going to cute cafes. I was also glad to get away from the bipolar england weather. I even forgot about Jude for some time but every once in a while he'd find a way to sneak into my mind and disturb it.

Now I'm back in england, regretting even coming back because of the email I just read.

Good day

Your essay was very impressive in fact it was one of the best creative writing pieces I'd ever read. That's why I'd like to say...

Congratulations, Miss Monroe you have been chosen to represent Rosewood Academy along with three other students to attend the Annual Brilliant Writing convention which is being held in Madrid this year.

Good Luck. Make us proud.

Your's sincerely

Mrs Mac. The Dean.

Instead of being excited like most students would have, been, I felt uneasy. Don't get me wrong it is a great opportunity but did the location really have to Madrid? I really didn't want to bump into Jude but Madrid is a big city so we'll probably never see each other right?

Even if I was dreading the whole trip, there was no way that I wasn't going, I'd worked hard for this so I'm just going to have to put on my big girl pants and just face the situation head on. 

There were three of us boarding the flight, Matt - a nerdy looking guy who was engrossed in a novel which I couldn't see the name of , Eloise - the girl who seemed a bit too posh and snobby for my liking, and some guy who looked all mysterious, I haven't gotten his name yet but I'm in no hurry to find out, it's not like we are going to be best buds or something. I put on my earphones as the plane took off and I must have drifted off to sleep because I woke up to the guy who's name I don't know, shaking me awake.

"The plane has landed sleeping beauty"

"Thanks" I said and got my luggage

The drive to the hotel where we would be staying at was quite short, which was a huge relief to me since I was so desperately in need of some sleep. As luck would have it my room was next to the weird guy and I guess the walls were to thin or something, because I could hear him singing or humming or whatever he was doing. I knocked on his door

"Could you please keep it down, I'm trying to sleep" I said as soon as he opened the door

"Didn't you sleep enough on the plane?"

"No. Didn't you hear? I'm the sleep monster so I need eighteen hours of sleep per day" I sarcastically said and he chuckled

"Okay I'll try to keep it down sleep monster" he smiled

"The name's Dahlia by the way" I said before closing the door and crawling into the comfortable duvet cover.

We had a day off before the convention so after breakfast I decided to explore the beautiful city but Zade asked to join me and I agreed. If you're wondering who Zade is, he is the weird mysterious guy from yesterday.

"If you could name the colour red something else what would you name it?" Zade asked out of the blue

"I don't know. Haven't really thought of that"

"Well you're quite boring" he playfully rolled his eyes

"What would you name it?" I asked feeling curious of what his answer might be

"Passion"

"Why passion?"

"Because it literally represents what the colour is"

"Care to elaborate?"

Jude Pov

My eyes were surely deceiving me. I rubbed them for probably the tenth time but I kept seeing the same thing. At the park across the street from where I was, sat Dahlia and some guy. I thought that there was no way that it was her but it really was, the gold  bracelet with little dahlias engraved on it and my heart racing, was the proof. Her skin was glowing and she looked absolutely breathtaking.

Her eyes were sparkling as she looked at the man beside her, the man leaned and looked like he was going to kiss her but instead whispered something in her ear, and I guess he must have said something funny because she burst into a loud, heartwarming laugh then she spotted me

Shit.

Author's Note: Please stop being phantom readers, I'd really like to know your thoughts on this book 🙁