Twenty-five

Dahlia Pov

Beads of sweat trickled down my forehead as I wrote the concluding paragraph of my essay. I proofread my essay for the third time, as I'm engrossed in checking for any errors I may have missed, the timer goes off.

"Alright. Times up ladies and gentlemen", one of the judges says and some people start collecting the papers. I hand mine to a lady who looks, my hands trembling as I do so.

For the first time in three and a half hours, I turn to look at Zade who sits at desk next to mine, he catches my eyes studying his face and flashes me a toothy grin.

"That was one tough topic we got" Zade says once we are outside the hall.

"Yeah whoever chose 'The Labyrinth called Virginia Woolf' for an essay topic needs to have their head checked" I said which made Zade laugh.

"You wanna grab some lunch? I looked up some cafe in madrid and Honey Haven popped up. It seems like a beautiful place."

"No. I'm okay." I lied. I was supposed to meet Jude at that same cafe in ten minutes and I didn't want Zade to see us together.

"Come on, let's go" Zade said, and dragged me with him before I could protest. We arrived at the diner which was by the way the most extravagant cafe I've ever been in. It almost feels illegal for a cafe to be so beautiful.

"Zade I'm gonna-"

"Dahlia?", a voice from behind us cut me off.

"Hey" I said as coolly as I can even though I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole in that instant.

"Who's your friend?" Jude asked, his voice as cold as ice.

"Jude this is Zade. Zade this is Jude"

"Hey golden boy"

"Hi, I'm guessing you already know who I am?" Jude smirked

"Who doesn't know the infamous Jude Bellingham who just can't keep it in his pants", Zade's comment wiped off Jude's smirk

"Zade I'm gonna have a chat with Jude  so I'll see you at the hotel?" I interrupted thier little moment

"Cool" Zade said, and left the diner, not before giving Jude dirty look.

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"I can't believe you went from me to that" Jude scrunched up his nose in disgust

"I can't believe that you're still an asshole" I snapped

"You're right. I'm sorry, I guess I'm just a bit jealous"

I scoffed. "You out of all people don't have the right to be jealous. I gave you forever and you shoved it right back at me"

"You're wrong. I didn't shove it right back at you, I was ready to take it but you took it away from me"

"So you expected me to wait for your romance with whatever her name is to come to an end so that I could take her place? Stop acting like your God's gift to women cause you're not, Jude." I rolled my eyes

"I was about to explain everything to you but you had already left. I tried calling and texting you but you ignored every single one of my calls and texts. I even e-mailed you but I got no reply"

"What were you gonna explain huh? That you are a big fat liar?"

"I never lied to you. Yes, I dated Gabriella but I broke up with her because I loved you, I told you that. She knew that I didn't loved someone else, but she still thought that me and her could be together, that's why she came to my house. I tried going after you, but she held me back when I eventually got free from her grip I told her that she must leave me alone. When Jobe explained everything to me, I rushed to your dorm,but you had already left." he let out an exasperated sigh.

"I love you. I really do. I just need a chance to prove it to you because I know that actions speak louder than words. Please give me that chance" he continued

Jude Pov

Dahlia just stood there looking at me. I prayed that she could see sincerity in my eyes.

"Jude...I- I don't think I can right now. Sure you're an amazing guy but we both need to work on ourselves. We are still young, and there's nothing better than young passionate love. We don't have that, all we do is argue and fight. Of course I want the maddening, extraordinary kinda love, I want to kiss every part of your beautiful face, I want to write poetry about you, I want to make you smile everyday, I want to be your safe haven, I  want you to love me the way I want to be loved and I want to love you the way you want to be loved, but I can't do that without really meaning any part of it"

Her words struck a deep chord in me and I was rendered speechless.

"Then I'll wait for you" I managed to choke out

"Good. I'll wait for you too", she said and planted a kiss on my cheek. My skin tingled at the gesture.

I pulled her in for a hug and inhaled her hypnotising perfume before letting her go.

"I'll see you around Judy bear" she shot me a playful wink and left the diner. I watched her disappear into the crowd knowing that she's mine.

My sweet Dahila.