Twenty-four

Dahlia Pov

I turn my head from Zade and for a minute the air gets knocked out of my lungs. Standing across the street from me is Jude. We lock eyes for a minute and my mind completely shuts down but I get pulled back into reality. I grab Zade's hand and dragged him away from the park as quickly as possible to hide from him.

"What's going on?" Zade asks when we are a few meters away from the park

"Nothing, I just want to see more of this beautiful city" I replied, hoping that I sounded as nonchalant as I was trying to.

"Is that also the reason why your hands are shaking" he shot me a skeptical look

"I have this condition whereby my hands shake whenever I'm nervous"

"Do I make little Miss Dahlia over here nervous" he smirked

"As if. I'm just nervous about the whole Brilliant Writing convention" l lied

"It's really not that big of a deal. Yeah the competition is tough, but I know that you are gonna ace it" he reassures me

"You really have a way with words"

"What can I say? I'm a genius" he winks and I give him playful shove.

We talk about the convention and a few other things, but my mind is only thinking about Jude. How hurt he looked.

Once we get back to the hotel, I contemplate on whether to text Jude or not, but I decide against it. I'm not going to text him, not after I practically ran away from him plus it's time to start a new chapter in my life - a chapter without Jude.

Jude Pov

It's been six hours since I saw Dahlia and I still can't believe it. A part of me was hoping that she'd atleast smile or wave or just acknowledge me somehow, but she didnt. She just grabbed that guy's hand left. I guess I deserve it after I acted the way I did. I decide to text her.

Jude
Hey. How are you? Are you in Madrid right now?

Instant regret washes over me as soon as I press the "send" button. How can I be so stupid? "are you in Madrid right now?" Reallty Jude? Of course she's in Madrid, you saw her. What if she doesn't reply? What if she blocks me for good this time? What if she thinks I'm a imbecile? A moment later a notification pops up on my phone

Dahlia
Hey Jude. I'm great. To answer your question - yes. I'm in Madrid.

Jude
Can we meet up? For old times sake?

Dahlia
Okay, but only because you said for old times sake, which is by the way a beautiful sentiment.