Chapter 3: Shit, I fucked up

(Garvan's POV)

Garvan heard someone walking closer to where he was located. He panicked and swearing at himself, he walked past the door of the tent Shavia and the man were in. Shavia exited the tent and looked around spotting Garvan.

"You there." Shavia called to Garvan. Although he knew that she meant him he put up a bit of a show. Garvan looked around and noticed that he was the only one around, so he pointed to himself and silently mouthed 'me?'.

"Yes you!" Shavia said, almost snapping at him. "Come here."

Garvan walked over to Shavia, and bowed low to show respect. Then he stood up straight as a board waiting for Shavia to say what she wanted to.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your way to the training grounds with your troop?" Shavia questioned, as if wanting to call him out for listening to the conversation, but she didn't know for sure if he had.

"Yes ma'am, but I told my troop I had to use the men's room." Garvan lied, he had noticed that the restrooms had been a couple tents down from where Shavia had stopped him.

"What's your name?" Shavia inquired.

Garvan debated whether to lie or not, but decided against it, because Shavia could easily look him up. "My name is Garvan, Miss."

Shavia looked at him suspiciously and talked again, "Pardon my nosiness. Now you should be off to training, if you arrive late please tell the lieutenant that I had pulled you aside."

"Of course, thank you Miss Shavia."

Garvan bowed to her again, then Shavia left the opposite way than where he needed to go. Garvan came out of the bow and started walking to training. As he passed the edge of the tent he could have sworn he had seen a bit of red in the corner of his eye, a bell rang in the distance. Garvan hurried towards the training grounds.

-----------------------------

(Karamaki's POV)

Karamaki had seen her brother arrive late to training. What did you do this time? Karamaki wasn't the sibling who normally got into trouble, that was Garvan's job as the older brother.

Karamaki started training. She had gotten a dueling partner from some other group to work with. Her partner had arrived a little bit before Garvan had, but he was still late. It wasn't often that someone had chosen daggers as their main weapon. Her partner's signature weapon was a Cutlass sword, which let Karamaki get close enough to hit him. But he was quick and experienced with the sword, so she only got a few hits on him.

His name was Cassian, he's from the Redcap tribe. Karamaki and him had gotten along pretty well, they had taken a couple of water breaks and gotten to know each other a bit more. Cassian wasn't much of a talker, but that was fine with Karamaki because she knew how to get people to talk. It was one of her specialties.

-----------------------------

(Cassian's POV)

Karamaki is very nice and extremely pretty. What am I thinking? She's from the Shadow Dweller tribe, and her new leader, Shavia, just threatened to murder my father. Cassian thought.

Normally the leader acted how the people acted, but Karamaki was nothing like Shavia. Even in the short time that Cassian had gotten to know Karamaki, he just couldn't imagine Karamaki doing something like that.

Karamaki hit him with the butt of her dagger in one of the unprotected areas. It shocked Cassian a bit, he had zoned out a bit and she had used that to her advantage, just like he had told her to.

"Gotcha," she said with a soft smile on her face. Cassian was happy she listened to his advice, he cracked a smile. He hadn't smiled so much as once since he and Karamaki had started training, until that moment.

-----------------------------

(Karamaki's POV)

No. No. No. No. No. Karamaki, not happening. But he looks so hot when he is smiling... Shut up Brain. Karamaki thought, trying to get her thoughts to be quiet. Reading romance books has an effect on people, like Karamaki. To the point when someone does something like a character she liked, she almost immediately liked them, even if they weren't good people.

"Are you okay Karamaki?" Cassian asked, he was leaning down to meet her eyes.

"Yeah! I'm fine," Karamaki replied quickly, she had been in a bit of a trance. Cassian straightened up a bit.

"Alright, if you say so."

God, Karamaki. You have to chill out. He's your training partner, and he's from a different tribe! Karamaki thought. She was shocked by how close his face had gotten to her's. Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest. She calmed down, her heartbeat slowing down as much as it could. Training would be something else for Karamaki from now on.

-----------------------------

(To continue with a different character when I finish chapter 4)