Chapter 8: Pleasure to Meet you

Known characters in this chapter

Karamaki — sweet Shadow Dweller

Garvan — Karamaki's Brother

Kirvorias — Flirty best friend

Zigmund — Garvan's friend, has a crush on Karamaki

Xoey — Karamaki's friend

Cassian — heir to the Redcap throne

Brea — Cassian's girlfriend per royal order

Revimus — Redcap leader

Shavia — Shadow Dweller leader

Anawilla and Shainav — new characters, sister and brother, Malabees

~Beginning of Chapter~

(Kirvorias' POV)

Kirvorias pushed passed the throng of to get where the tribal leaders were. Someone grabbed his arm and pulled him over to them, he would have thought it was Karamaki, however the person was taller than Karamaki should have been.

"You Kirvorias?" The male asked, Kirvorias nodded. "Zigmund, pleasure to meet you."

Garvan walked over, Karamaki and Xoey close on his tail. Karamaki waved.

"Hey Kiri! Hey Ziggy!" Karamaki said, greeting them.

"Hey pretty lady!" Kirvorias replied, earning a confused, protective, and slightly jealous look from Zigmund.

"Let's go, we don't want to keep the leaders waiting," Xoey spoke up. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to go find Cassian quickly, I haven't seen him since dinner an hour ago. Troops of people pushed past the odd group.

"Hell no," Garvan said.

"Too bad. I'm going to find him," Karamaki said sternly. And she walked away.

"Zigmund and Kirvorias, can one or both of you go with her?" Garvan asked. Both of the boys nodded and walked a few feet behind the determined Maki. She turned around to look at the two young men.

"Why do you idiots listen to Garvan?" Karamaki asked, a teeny bit annoyed. Zigmund shrugged.

"Cause we loooove you," Kirvorias answered. Karamaki rolled her eyes, but she also blushed a bit.

"Just keep your distance please," Karamaki said. Kirvorias and Zigmund nodded in agreement, so Karamaki turned and continued walking. The two males fell behind a bit.

"What's with you and Kara?" Kirvorias questioned immediately.

"I don't have an idea what you mean," Zigmund said, trying to get Kirvorias off his trail. Kiri wouldn't fall for it that quickly however.

"You looked pretty upset when I called her 'Pretty Lady'," Kirvorias pointed out.

"Listen Kirvorias," Zigmund said, stopping in his tracks and staring Kirvorias down. "Stay out of my business. It isn't for you, or anyone else for that matter, to know that I like Karamaki."

Kirvorias smiled in triumph, "got the knowledge that I needed."

Zigmund grabbed Kirvorias' shoulder before he had the chance to get away. "You tell her and you're done for."

"I wasn't planning on telling her. So take a chill pill dude."

Zigmund let go of Kirvorias' shoulder. "Good."

-----------------------------

(Cassian's POV)

Cassian ran, weaving between the last people going to their troop huts. Brea followed closely behind.