Chapter 4: Do I smell love?

Please remember that:

*********************** means time skip.

And 

----------------------------- means character change.

Thank you!

(Garvan's POV)

Garvan was pissed to see how close the tall mushroom from the RedCap tribe had gotten to his sister. He was gripping the handle of his flail tightly, in anger. He didn't like to admit it but he was one of those protective older siblings that got on the younger siblings' nerves.

His training partner charged at him, his sword ready to slash at Garvan's armor. Garvan calculated where his opponent would hit, he then blocked as best as he could with the non-hinged part of his flail. Garvan found that close combat was not the best for Peasant flails, it was specifically hard to block attacks with it.

"So you are still paying attention?" Kirvorias, Garvan's training partner, said. He took a step back and took another swing at Garvan.

"Obviously." Garvan retorted. He took a few quick steps back, then blocked the on coming attack. Garvan had enough distance that he could now block easier. He used his flail to push Kirvorias' sword away. Then he attacked.

(I can never type 'Obviously' for one of my characters without think of Snape saying it. T-T)

Kirvorias blocked, then remarked, "really? You seemed very preoccupied before I attacked. What, or who, were you looking at?"

"Why should I tell you who I was looking at?" Garvan replied. He stormed Kirvorias with attack after attack.

"You don't have to, but you did declare that I was your best bud." Kirvorias pointed out. They stopped attacking and blocking to take a water break.

"So who were you looking at?" Kirvorias asked again.

"My sister," Garvan said, nodding his head in the direction of Karamaki and the RedCap. "And the guy she is training with."

Kirvorias looked in the direction that Garvan had pointed towards. And saw Karamaki with the guy with a broad red cap with spots of white.

"Oh, well good luck with that. Cause it looks like they're flirting." Kirvorias noticed. Karamaki's face had gotten a bit gray, signifying blush. He looked at Garvan, who's fists were clenching the handle of his flail tightly.

"Dude, you seriously need to chill out. She is an adult now after all." Kirvorias said. Garvan rolled his eyes, but then sighed. His grip on his flail loosened.

"Fine, you're right." Garvan admitted. Kirvorias and Garvan continued their training.

***********************

Garvan sat down at the table with a thump. He and Kirvorias had joined Karamaki and her group for dinner.

"Hello Garvan and Kirvorias!" Lysandra greeted them. Karamaki was stuffing food into her mouth like she hadn't eaten in days. She looked up and smiled.

"Hi boys!" Karamaki said, when her mouth wasn't full. Kirvorias looked at Garvan, as if to say 'don't say shit', because that was exactly what he was saying. Garvan rolled his eyes.

"Sooo, how did training go for all of you?" Kirvorias asked the girls. Syas and Lysandra smiled and said that it was good. Karamaki blushed a little bit, but agreed with the other two.