Chapter 5: Sad Surprises

So that everyone knows-

A foot for these mushroom people is two centimeters. The toads are like ginormous (they are based off of a toad breed called The Cane Toad) and all of the other animals/insects that are used/owned by these characters are giant as well. One of my friends is drawing the characters, so I'll upload the pictures with a bio of who these characters are as well (might be one at a time however)! And please as a reminder tell me what you think because I am looking for constructive criticism as well! I think that is it, have fun reading!

-Start of Chapter 5-

(Cassian's POV)

Cassian got up to leave Karamaki and her group.

"Well I should head to my troop, and so should each of you." Cassian declared. Garvan and Kirvorias stood up as well, and the young women followed suit.

"For those of you who don't know what it looks like. It's not hard to miss at all." Cassian added. Cassian began to walk away as everyone in the group began to clean up their dinner trays.

"Okay, thank you Cassian!" Karamaki replied.

"See you later Cassian," Lysandra called as everyone said bye. Karamaki and her group had already started treating him as one of their group members, which brought a small smile to Cassian's face.

"Why'd you go talk to the Shadow Dwellers and Larvalins?" Trayvon, One of Cassian's troop members, questioned. Cassian only shrugged. He wasn't smiling anymore, it had been wiped from his face before he had come into view of his group. He was supposed to be like his father, strong and stoic.

"Helps for when I take over as tribal leader if I know what happens in other clans." Cassian stated plainly. Trayvon nodded in understanding, letting the subject drop.

"Let's get going. I'm not getting into trouble because of your slow asses." Brea, one of the only females in Cassian's troop, said plainly. She started walking away.

"Babe! Come back!" Cassian called, catching up to Brea. he grabbed her hand, pulling her so that her chest was pressed against his. He smirked down at her.

"Is someone jealous?" Cassian asked teasingly. Brea glared up at him, her cheeks a bit pink.

"Fuck off." she replied. This told Cassian that she was indeed jealous. His face pinkened a shade, but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared.

"How about no?" Cassian answered, planting a small kiss on her lips, which caused Brea to blush a bit more. Alistair, Cassian's guard and friend, stood next to the couple.

"Let's not have a love fest. We have somewhere to be if you happen to have forgotten." Alistair reminded Cassian. Brea pulled away from Cassian, and he allowed her to. Her face was still a bit pink. Brea's friend, who was also in their unit, pulled Brea away.

Everyone in the troop left to get to the campfire.

-----------------------------

(Karamaki's POV)

Karamaki had been watching Cassian mesmerized. And then he kissed some girl from his tribe. She knew she shouldn't feel how she did, but she really thought there might be a chance for them. What the hell are you thinking Karamaki? He's from a different tribe and you just met him a few hours ago. Karamaki thought, scolding herself.

"Syas and I should go meet up with our troop." Lysandra said, placing a hand on Karamaki's shoulder. "If you really want him, go get him. Don't let the girl get in the way of your man."

Karamaki nodded. "If he likes the other RedCap I don't have a chance." she pointed out.

"Well, then give him a reason to like you more." Lysandra replied. "Now we really should go. Bye Karamaki, good luck."

"Bye Lysandra and Syas!" she said. Everyone else said bye to the two women who then left to greet their squad. It was just Garvan, Kirvorias, and Karamaki. Karamaki left after saying au revoir to the two of them.

Karamaki's mind was running with lots of different kinds of thoughts and questions, most of which she couldn't answer. Who is that girl? Was he really flirting with me or was that just my mind playing tricks? What if I don't talk to him again? I don't want to see him. Shut up Brain, I need to get to my troop in peace. Karamaki's mind was a tornado of thoughts.

"Karamaki!" A familiar voice called, but she barely heard it over her own mind. What did shock her out of her thoughts however was the arms that wrapped around her.

"Xoey! What are you doing here?!" Karamaki said. "What about your baby?"

"Kara... he didn't make it," the girl in front of Karamaki had puddles in her eyes. Karamaki brought a hand to her mouth in shock.

"Oh Xoey, I'm so sorry." Karamaki said, hugging the woman tightly. Xoey let a few tears fall, which rolled down Karamaki's armor plate. After a few minutes Xoey pulled away, wiping her eyes.

"I'm in your troop Kara!" Xoey announced with renewed excitement. However the subject of the lost child was still hanging around the two girls.

"That's amazing Xoey!" Karamaki rejoiced. "I didn't see you earlier though."

Karamaki and Xoey caught up to their group as they all headed towards the main meeting area.

"I had some lieutenant come to my door at lunch and ask if I was mentally prepared to go to war after the miscarriage. I said I was, even though I wasn't completely. I want to help my tribe even if I can help it by giving the tribe the next generation at the moment." Xoey explained.

"That is very noble of you Xoey." Karamaki remarked.

"Really it's nothing compared to what this tribe has given me." Xoey responded. The troop arrived at the giant campfire. It was huge. Maybe about 75 feet of a circumference. Next to the camp's main area was a large stand for multiple people, much like the stump at the tribes' announcement area.

"Holy shit." Karamaki uttered in amazement.

"Watch your language Kara," Xoey scolded in a mother-like manner. Karamaki rolled her eyes.

"Okay Mom." Karamaki replied. Her and Xoey were holding back giggles. They were around the same age, Xoey was a year or so older.

The two girls had fallen behind because they were looking at the colossal campfire. They ran, hand in hand, to catch up with their squad.