✦ ONE

I was running as fast as i could through the streets of London, dodging all the people who were still walking around at 10pm. Tears were spilling from my eyes as i tried to think of where to go. I must look like an idiot running in the middle of February, in the pouring rain, with a t-shirt and shorts but it was all i had on when i had the chance to escape.
I knew i had no where to go, i was just running and praying that a miracle was gonna come and give me a place to stay.

I cursed as the rain began to get heavier, i had to stop at some point. Right? I couldn't just keep running forever in hopes that everything that happened in the past 23 years went my way for once. I really didn't want to think about Ryan at the moment, he's whats caused me to run away from our own home. I should've broken up with him when i had the chance, before things took a turn for the worst.

I was too busy thinking when i crashed into someone, knocking me on the ground while they managed to stop themselves from falling.

"WHAT THE FU-" they stopped shouting at me, i tried getting rid of the tears to see who this person was and why they stopped talking. After a few seconds of awkward silence of me being sat on the floor, unable to move due to the throbbing pain in my ankle, the person who i now identified was a tall man stared at me in shock.

"Katelyn?" he whispered but loud enough that i could hear.

"Who are you?" i asked, still on the floor, looking up at this man while he examined my face. His presence felt familiar, like i had met him before but i just couldn't place him.

"Kat, is me Jide." he knelt down so i could see his face more clearly.

"Oh my god." i breathlessly whispered before i was tackled into a bone crushing hug.

"I haven't seen you in years! How are you? Why were you running? Why are you crying? I have so many questions." he rambled on, i didn't know how to explain it all to him. Like he said, i haven't seen him in so long. Our parents we're very close when we we're growing up so that caused us to be close aswell, even if he was 3 years older than me. If im correct he should be 26 because im 23.
He finally let go of me so i could explain myself.

"Before i answer anything, could you help me up? I think i twisted my ankle when i bumped into you" he laughed before he stood up and held out his hand for me to grab, aswell as holding my back for support so i didn't fall. When i was finally up, i realised just how much my ankle hurt and i gripped onto Jide's hoodie.

"Kat you look freezing, let me take you back to mine for a bit yeah? We can have a chat and let your ankle rest for a while." he looked at me, his face full of concern.

"Sure." was all i said before he basically carried me to his car, which thankfully was only a 2 minute walk away from us.

We were both soaking wet when we got to the car, we both scrambled in and sighed in content at the warmth.

"So, do you wanna tell me why you looked so upset?" he looked me in the eyes as he spoke, i could tell he was worried. He knows everything that has happened to me in my past, he knows i went to live with Ryan after i dropped out of collage.

"I ran away from Ryan." i mumbled looking down to my feet, i was so scared JJ was going to be mad at me. He always told me Ryan was trouble, if only i believed him.

"What did he do, Katelyn." He sounded even more serious than before, he reached his hand to hold mine so I'd feel more comfortable explaining. He knows physical contact helps reduce my anxiety. He was there for me all the time to help me with my panic attacks when we were younger. We were especially close when we were teenagers cause we would do stupid shit together. We once got caught skipping school together, my dad was not very happy.