THE CONFLICT

Geralt and Yennefer had a very heated argument. All because Yennefer still believed that she was doomed by the third wish that Geralt asked the djinn. The disagreement was so atrocious that they separated and hadn't seen each other for some time. Jaskier, who had been following Geralt for the last few days, knew that his supreme bad mood was due to missing Yennefer. Even though he doesn't want to admit it. Therefore, tired of being Geralt's punching bag and the target of criticism of his own music, Jaskier began to think of a plan to cheer up his friend. He had to find a way to get Geralt and Yennefer back together. So, whenever they traveled, Jaskier asked people if they had seen any women with unforgettable violet eyes and black hair with their beauty gifts. However, what they responded to was that they did not know such a lady. In other words, there was no trace of Yennefer. Until one late afternoon, Geralt was in a bad temper and kicked Dandelion off his side. The bard knew that Geralt just needed space and walked to a tavern. There, he heard a group of men talking about a mage behind the mountain and Jaskier ran to their table. They confirmed that it was a woman with violet eyes, black hair and a very beautiful body. But they had already persistently decided that they would not return to that place until she disappeared, because they felt a cruel and fierce power. Jaskier didn't stop to think, he rushed like crazy, losing his breath next to Geralt.

"GERALT! GERALT!" Jaskier screamed.

"What was it this time?" He grumbled. "Didn't I tell you to leave?"

"There is an evil creature on the other side of the mountain. They offer a good amount to whoever brings in its head as quickly as possible!"

"What?" Geralt grunted. "I'll have to talk to those dealers! I need details..."

"No!" Jaskier interrupted. "We can't wait any longer!" He moved in front of his friend, preventing him from dodging. "They hired others who are willing to kill this creature. The first one to bring the head receives the amount. Come on, we have to leave now!" He waved his arms in the air, exasperated.

"Why all this rush?" He gave a sullen expression. "I've never seen you with so much enthusiasm to leave during the night!"

"Oh, we were already missing a good adventure!" He widened his smile. "And with you I feel safe! Come on Geralt, no more wasting time!"

"There is no "we"!" Geralt muttered between his teeth.

However, Geralt accepted the challenge to liven up that boring behavior. Given that he was missing the adrenaline, which made his blood boil, which kept him active. He was hungry for a good fight. Therefore, the two packed their bundles and headed towards the mountain. It took them a few hours to travel the entire route, but they reached their intended destination.

"I don't see any signs of anything around here." Geralt bent down, examining the terrain.

"She must be around here..." Jaskier looked around nervously.

"She?"

Geralt smelled a familiar scent. He lifted his head and sniffed the air around him. A scent of lilac and currant filled his nostrils. The witcher's pupils dilated.

"Yen?" The witcher dragged Jaskier by the collar. "You brought me to Yennefer?" The voice was terrifying.

"What do you think you're doing here?" A furtive and feminine voice was heard. "I told you not to get in my way again, witcher!" She spat.

"Oh, come on, you just need to..."

"Shut up, Dandelion!" Hissed the mage. "I said I didn't want to see you again!" Her face turned shades of red due to the accumulated anger.

"And you won't!" Geralt turned his back and took Roach's reins.

"No, I won't!" Threatened the mage, extremely enraged and uncontrolled by the magic that surrounded her. With powerful magic in hand, she threw it at the witcher, who was caught off guard. Geralt heard Roach's distressed whinny and he and Jaskier brutally hit the ground.

"Ouch, that hurt." Jaskier rubbed his face with both hands.

"Shut up!" Geralt growled.

"Hum... what... where are we? Did the mountain disappear?" He suddenly became agitated. "Oh, luckily I have my lute. Thanks!" He kissed the instrument.

The witcher tried to calm the mare and examined the new territory around him.