LOVE

When I woke up Geralt was looking at me excitedly.

"Are you having fun watching me sleep?"  I asked a little disoriented.

"I will not lie. Hmm. I love watching you sleep!"  I blushed, I didn't expect him to tell me that.

"Ok. So I'm not going to lie..."  I laughed shyly.  "It was the first time I slept with a naked man next to me!"

"Seriously?"  He got closer to my ear.

"What are you doing? Jaskier will appear."  I looked for signs of him.

"He's already left."  He informed me.  "I threatened him if he said anything, or if he woke you up."  He stretched.  "But tell me, have you never been with a man before? At your age..."

"No... That has never been a necessity for me until now."

"Until now."  He let out a laugh.

"What?"

He caught me by surprise, leaned over me and kissed me.

"No..."  I backed away a little.

"Sorry!"  He watched me with those tender yellow eyes.  "I just wanted to kiss you. I wouldn't make you do something you didn't want to do."

"What made you change your mind?"

"How so? What do you mean by that?"  Support yourself on one elbow.

"Yennefer."  He saw him shake his head when I said that name.  "I saw it soon!"   I got out of bed. "So what did you see?"

"You haven't forgotten her yet!"  Continue.  "Jaskier told me about her, about you. What did she do to you..."

"Jaskier!"  He growled as if it were an insult.

"I'm not her."

"No you aren't!" He assured me.  "You're sweeter and purer."

 "Well... You don't love me, nor will you love me. I'm just attracting you with my "magic". I don't know if anyone will truly love me."  I ran to the door.

"Janet! Wait!"  He yelled exasperatedly. 

I continued to run. He had stayed behind to get dressed, but I heard his voice in the distance calling for me.

I ended up stopping at my family's house. I told them what had happened with the kawsuttihn. However, due to the existence of this demon, I was forced to return to the old house. Because I still needed protection even if I wanted to avoid Geralt. Along the way I crossed paths with Jaskier. He was happy to find me.

"So, as I saw you two there..."  Jaskier said.  "Tonight I will be absent so as not to interrupt anything."

"What?"  I was surprised.  "The house is yours too!"

"Yes I know."  He continued.  "It's just that I couldn't refuse the invitation of a charming woman."  He adjusted the lute.  "She loves my music. Well, and other qualities..."

"But..."

"Don't worry, unfortunately it's not me that kawsuttihn is looking for."  He sighed.  "I'll be there tomorrow mid-afternoon. Don't let me catch you off guard." He said goodbye and walked away humming.

The house was empty. Geralt had gone out with Roach. I couldn't stand to stand there and started preparing dinner to distract myself.

Minutes later I heard hooves hitting the ground. He had arrived. I tried to focus on what I was doing, ignoring the anxiety that was growing inside me. Finally, he walked in about to say something to probably apologize.

"No!"  I asked before he spoke.  "Let's forget what happened, please!"

He nodded and sat silently. We didn't exchange words until I placed the food on the table.

"I'm going to try to drain kawsuttihn's energy!"  Geralt informed me.

"Won't it be dangerous?"  I looked at him with concern.

"No, if I don't exceed the shield limit. And don't leave the house, okay?"  He watched me with those bright yellow eyes.

"I'll stay here!"  I promised.

"It might take a few hours. Perhaps you will feel him suffering or angry. But try to sleep, I'll be fine. And I think that, with you asleep, I can drain him even more. You can rest in bed, I don't mind."

The witcher looked back before the night swallowed him. I chose to tidy up the house because I couldn't sleep with the help of flashlights. At the sight of this, the atmosphere on the other side was shaken. They fought. I felt sudden tiredness. Maybe I was being drained too or it could be a reflection of what kawsuttihn was going through. I ended up resting on the couch and fell asleep.

In the middle of my sleep I heard him come in and I prayed for his name. His arms came around me and lifted me onto his lap. He was just as exhausted as I was and took me to the bed, where I curled up against him. I held him in my hands so he wouldn't run away from me and I fell asleep to the sound of the slow rhythm of his heart.

The sun marked its presence. Geralt kissed me on the top of my head when he realized I was waking up and didn't move away from me. I sighed in relief. I ran my nose along his neck, smelling him. An intense smell of pine bark.

"I think what attracts me is you."  He whispered against my ear.  "If it were magic I would feel it."

"I could have cast a spell on you."  I objected.

"Hmm."  He smiled.  "I would have detected it. And I don't think you're anywhere near being a witch, sorceress or mage."

"One day you will have to..."  I turned my back on him to hide my hurt.  "Return to your past."

"I'm already adapting to this new era."  He went over my neck and shoulder with his mouth.  "And I'm not a time traveler. Yennefer would have to come and get me."  His voice became darker.  "Most likely she has already forgotten me."

"Yennefer..."  I was thoughtful.  "What Jaskier told me..."  I turned to him again and touched his face.  "She wasn't good to you."

"No, completely."  He admitted in a drawn out tone.  "She keeps her ambition first, above all else."

"And what ambition is that?"

"Hmm."  He grimaced.  "Being the most powerful mage ever and one day being able to have a child."  He wrinkled his nose.  "But I told her a lot and everyone knows that creatures like her and me are infertile. Like a price we have to pay for what we earn."

"I'm sorry."  I kissed him sweetly.

"I'm also sorry for not being a person who would offer you a family. You're a human..."

"Yes, a mere human."  I closed my eyes.

"No."  He touched my chin.  "You are the most special human I have ever met and you deserve someone worthy..."

"I want you!"  I said it without thinking.

"Hmm. You didn't let me finish."  He showed the most beautiful smile ever.  "You deserved someone worthy, but I couldn't bear to see you in the hands of another man. Even though it was your choice... I would let you go because..."  He filled his chest with air and looked at me with a deep, brilliant intensity.  "I love you!"

I ran my fingers over his close beard and offered him a chaste kiss.

"I don't know if I'm ready to love."  I placed my forehead against his chest.

"Hmm."  

"However, it seems that it is so easy to love you!" I peeked at him through my eyelashes. He was thoughtful.