REVELATIONS

In the following weeks I didn't feel well. I hadn't gotten over the pain of a broken heart. I left home hoping that this would help me. I walked around the city until I crossed paths with Jaskier. He no longer looked like a man from the past. He insisted that I go to lunch with him.

"How have you been?"  I asked when we sat down at the table.

"In a way I was kicked out of my own house."  He laughed awkwardly.  "I'm sorry about what happened to you. I look at you and see that it's not going to be easy. He was in the worst mood ever."

"And where have you been?"

"In a motel. Sometimes at someone's house." He winked.

"You've been able to make money then."

"Yes."  He was happy.  "When I go into crowds to play, the tips are surprising."

When the waiter arrived with the food I was disturbed by the presence of nausea.

"Janet, are you okay?"  Jaskier leaned forward.

"I... I just need a minute. I'm going to the bathroom and I'll be right back."

I got up too quickly, which made me dizzy and fell onto the table next to me. I was embarrassed to have become the center of attention in the restaurant. Immediately, Jaskier was at my side to help me compose myself. A wave of murmurs filled the space.

"It's better to take her to the hospital."  Said the man who approached me.

"I am fine!"  

"No problem!"  The unknown persisted.  "I'm a nurse and I was leaving for my shift. I can take you."  He pointed to my friend.

"Yes, it's the best option."  Jaskier agreed.

After leaving the office, I walked to Jaskier who was waiting for me.

"Like I said, everything is fine."  I said, although I hid my nervousness.

"At least you're not that pale. Sorry for eating without you. Where do you want to go to eat?"

"Don't worry. I've already been offered food, thank you! What I need to do now is..."  I played with my fingers.

"Yes?"

"I need to see Geralt..."

"What?" His voice rose.  "Are you sure?"

Along the way, Jaskier watched me out of the corner of his eye. If I weren't going to faint. In the distance I saw a tail move in the air. My chest filled with anxiety. If Roach was there, he would be nearby. Yes, he brushed the mare's mane.

"Geralt!"  My voice instantly loosened.

"Janet?" He suddenly turned his head and stopped what he was doing until Roach pushed his shoulder.  "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you!"

"And I need to go inside!"  Jaskier headed towards the house.

"Jaskier, wait!"  Alerted the witcher.

"No, I can't wait! I'll leave you alone."

The witcher kept his gaze on the house and I approached him hesitantly enough.

"Geralt?"  I whispered touchy-feely.

A bang was heard and Jaskier appeared in despair.

"She is here! She is here! She is here!"

"Yes she is."  Geralt grumbled.

"Who's here?"  I wanted to know.

"Yennefer!"  Jaskier stopped, panting.

I felt my heart drop. I saw her appear and how Geralt looked at her.

"So, Dandelion? Ready to go home? Mhm... is this who I think she is?"  She tilted her chin at me.

"Geralt, I need to talk to you!"  I murmured, afraid of touching him in case it offended him.

He mumbled a few words.

"Yen, have fun with Jaskier, we'll be right back!"

"What?"  Jaskier's voice was out of tone.

He told me to go up to Roach, but I refused, giving him a look of distrust. Still, he pulled on the rein and followed me towards the river, where I sensed something bad. Yennefer would probably have sent me a withering look.

"What brought you here?"  Geralt asked as he focused on the water current.

"Look at me, please!"

I reached his face and he closed his eyes as he rested his forehead against mine.

"I'm not iron." He censored.  "You disarm me. You have me in your hand..."  The voice lost its intensity.

I inhaled, fueling my impulse and kissed those lips that I missed so much.

"No."  He held my wrists.  "If you're not going to stay, please don't do this to me!"  It hurt me so much to see him like that.

"Geralt, I... I knew she would come back and that you would return with her."

"Is that what you had to tell me?"

"No..."

"Janet, go home!"  He spoke to me with extreme arrogance and turned his back on me.  "I don't want to see you again. And yes, I will return to the past!"

"What happened to you?"  Then we heard Yennefer's voice.

"I don't want you to show up here again, Janet!" He became more aggressive.

"No, Geralt! You need to know..."

Yennefer was next to me and I jumped in fright.

"Who is this vulgar creature that has been messing with my Geralt?"

Something inside me boiled when she said "mine" without any feeling. However, my intuition told me that I should keep quiet. She walked around me paying attention to my every feature. I gave Geralt a sad look and left there.

"Yen, let her go in peace!"  Those were the last words I heard.

Jaskier ended up coming to meet me. He tried to comfort me and walked me home. that you would return with her.