NEW POWER

I spent the whole day in bed, although Geralt carried me when I needed to go to the bathroom. When I looked out my window I noticed that another dusk was approaching. Jaskier and I were anxious and the witcher remained sitting in a rigid position on the couch. There was no noise coming from outside and Geralt assured me that Roach was safe.

"He's here."  I whispered.  "I feel it. Although he seems too calm."  Geralt stood up.  "Please don't leave!"  I moved recklessly feeling a strong pain from having moved.

"I told you not to move!"  Geralt resigned, approaching me.

"He..."  I looked up directly into those yellow eyes. "I have a feeling he's waiting for something. He's confident..."  I shuddered.

"I thought Jaskier had already told you that I'm a witcher who kills monsters."  He shrugged his shoulders.

"Can't I worry about you?"  I questioned, reaching out my hand to touch his arm.

"Didn't you come here to ask me for help?"  He watched me with a strange expression."

"She's right."  Jaskier interjected.  "Didn't you say he fed on her? He's strong right now! Friend, you're thirsty for a good fight, I understand, but that could wait. At least so that force is on our side!"

"Or is all this eagerness to go outside to get away from me?"  I continued knowing that the obvious answer to this question would hurt me.

"Alright!" He mumbled without even looking at me.

Jaskier went upstairs in silence and Geralt remained on the couch. I just closed my eyes. I couldn't sleep because I thought the witcher was still able to get out. I heard him move and peeked at him as he lay down and fell asleep. The sound of his steady breathing sent me into a drowsy state.

When my consciousness awakened, I was enveloped in deep agony as if something was burning me inside. I woke up mid-scream as Geralt tried to immobilize me, muttering that it was just a nightmare. Jaskier was terrified at the foot of the bed.

"It was him..."  I sighed after catching my breath.

"You were... screaming for... a long time."  Jaskier stammered.

"He's gone for now!"  Geralt wiped away the tears that had escaped me.

I saw through the glass the light intensify. Yes, he wasn't there. Geralt asked me to rest and I obeyed him because I was extremely exhausted. He adjusted the blanket even more and I wished he would hug me to make me feel protected.

"How long did I sleep?"  I questioned when I opened my eyes due to the noise that Jaskier had caused when he dropped something on the floor.

"No more than a day."  The inside of the house was dark.

"Where is Geralt?"  I shook with despair.

"He's outside..."  He pointed.  "No. No. No. What are you doing? You need to stay in bed!"

"I feel better, believe me!"  I sat on the edge of the bed.  "Oh, Geralt changed my bandages again!"

"It's a shame he missed that moment again."  He joked, winking at me.  "Always chooses the best times."

A Geralt shirt was forgotten there. I grabbed it to cover myself. I had my needs. On the way to the bathroom Jaskier whistled.

"We may be friends, but that won't stop me from enjoying beautiful thighs!"  He laughed.

"Jaskier!"  I reprimanded him by throwing a spoon at him, not with the intention of hitting him.

"Sorry! I'm still not used to seeing so much skin exposed and keeping my mouth closed."  I rolled my eyes at what he said.